Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Warning sound in car too low

I'm driving a Suzuki Celerio 1,000 c.c auto that has a warning buzzer if
I switch off the engine with the lights on. The trouble is that the
sound is quite low and I have damaged hearing and often can't hear it.

Is it possible to increase the volume of the warning device? I would
ask the garage but I'm not due there for some months.
pfj

--
To contact the author then write to pfjames2000ATicloudDOTcom
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd say it depends where the buzzer or sounder is.
If its get atable then I'd imagine you could do it with a small amplifier
of some kind or maybe a relay and a more beefy sounder.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"PeteFJ" wrote in message
I'm driving a Suzuki Celerio 1,000 c.c auto that has a warning buzzer if
I switch off the engine with the lights on. The trouble is that the
sound is quite low and I have damaged hearing and often can't hear it.

Is it possible to increase the volume of the warning device? I would
ask the garage but I'm not due there for some months.
pfj

--
To contact the author then write to pfjames2000ATicloudDOTcom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 19:31:06 UTC, PeteFJ wrote:
I'm driving a Suzuki Celerio 1,000 c.c auto that has a warning buzzer if
I switch off the engine with the lights on. The trouble is that the
sound is quite low and I have damaged hearing and often can't hear it.

Is it possible to increase the volume of the warning device? I would
ask the garage but I'm not due there for some months.
pfj

It's most likely a piezo sounder. Connecting another in parallel could help if the driver can run them both at resonance. If. Otherwise you could add a new piezo driver triggered by the old one. With hearing damage you're likely to be beter off choosing a larger and thus lower frequency piezo.

The size of the market for this is one, you're it, so you won't find anything ready made.

Personally I wish all such things were banished from cars. I've always looked back to see the lights aren't on, what's so hard about that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
It's most likely a piezo sounder. Connecting another in parallel could
help if the driver can run them both at resonance. If. Otherwise you
could add a new piezo driver triggered by the old one. With hearing
damage you're likely to be beter off choosing a larger and thus lower
frequency piezo.

I fitted aftermarket reversing sensors to the old Rover. The hatchback
design makes it pretty difficult to guess the exact position of the rear
bumper.

The kit had a dash panel with flashing LEDS - one for each sensor - and a
bleeper. Didn't want the LEDs and the bleeper was near inaudible once I'd
fitted the dash unit out of sight inside the instrument nacelle. So simply
got a larger piezo electric sounder from Maplin and replaced the much
smaller one. If anything, it's now too loud.

Intention is to build a better solution which includes different sound(s)
for lights on warning (etc) too, and have an easy method of setting how
loud they are. You'd have thought someone would do a chip with a selection
of nice warning sounds and a few inputs, and enough of an output to drive
a suitable sounder - perhaps a small loudspeaker.

--
*Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 13:46:26 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Intention is to build a better solution which includes different sound(s)
for lights on warning (etc) too, and have an easy method of setting how
loud they are. You'd have thought someone would do a chip with a selection
of nice warning sounds and a few inputs, and enough of an output to drive
a suitable sounder - perhaps a small loudspeaker.

Job for an Arduino?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 16:17:20 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 13:46:26 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Intention is to build a better solution which includes different sound(s)
for lights on warning (etc) too, and have an easy method of setting how
loud they are. You'd have thought someone would do a chip with a selection
of nice warning sounds and a few inputs, and enough of an output to drive
a suitable sounder - perhaps a small loudspeaker.

Job for an Arduino?

I don't think so, they aren't much good for that sort of thing.

Cheers, T i m