Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Numatic Henry turbo brush repair

Just thought I'd relate this, as I was surprised the spares were
available.

The air-operated turbo brush on the Henry works tolerably well. Mainly,
elder son uses it - he rarely fixes or even notices much!

I came to use it a few days ago and the brush roller was jammed solid. I
had to dismantle it completely to get the wrapped round hairs, muck etc.
out.

Even the, the brush didn't spin freely. It has metal pins either end that
seat into holes in soft plastic bearings (polypropylene or similar).
Neither moved well. One was OK once cleaned out, but on inspection it
looked as if the other had overheated to the point where hairs, etc. had
melted into the plastic. It would *not* spin freely.

To my amazement, new bearings are available at £1.39 plus postage. It now
works well again!