Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Numatic Henry turbo brush repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:33:21 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

On 23/02/2018 09:02, Bob Eager wrote:
Just thought I'd relate this, as I was surprised the spares were
available.

The air-operated turbo brush on the Henry works tolerably well. Mainly,
elder son uses it - he rarely fixes or even notices much!

I came to use it a few days ago and the brush roller was jammed solid.
I had to dismantle it completely to get the wrapped round hairs, muck
etc.
out.

Even the, the brush didn't spin freely. It has metal pins either end
that seat into holes in soft plastic bearings (polypropylene or
similar). Neither moved well. One was OK once cleaned out, but on
inspection it looked as if the other had overheated to the point where
hairs, etc. had melted into the plastic. It would *not* spin freely.

To my amazement, new bearings are available at £1.39 plus postage. It
now works well again!

The Henry range is brilliant.

Plain, simple, no nonsense.

Parts are cheap and you can get it apart to fix it.

I was more surprised that you could get parts for a separate *accessory*.