Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default IT: Foreign interfence in tha nations politics?

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 22:14:54 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:57:52 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:51:14 +0000, T i m wrote:

snip

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...ut-from-brexit

I like the picture of the wheel coming off the Brexit clown car! ;-)

And looking at it closer it might be a warning of a very dark future

we have the best clutch of unis in Europe

And the most expensive (to attend) in the world.

yes I;d agree with that, maybe we have to be, who actually 'rules' the world it's never the poor so maybe we should just concentrate on educating the rich ;-)

the idea that they won't continue to find funding for their research is just
silly

But the real silly bit is the fact that you assumed they would
'*continue* to find finding'

We will , £9k for a home studetn and 13K or more for an overseas student, soon all EU students will be overseas ;-)

and completely ignore the fact they will
have to *find* funding (again) when at the moment they already have
it?

Interesting time I agree and I'm betting they'll **** it up.

It's as if there are no limits as to how many hoops people will have
to jump through or how many hurdles they will have to cross before the
'cost' of the whole thing could be considered 'too much'. ;-(

Well we do need lots of adminstrators ot administrate things they know little about.

And it's 'most people' who may soon be having to be bearing the cost
and suffering the consequences.

As apposed to what has been happening during the last two decades.
Of course before we joined the EEC, further edcuation was free
Not that I'm blaming the EU, but a lot of our studetns come from the EU I guess they aren't interested in fruit picking either.
The vast majority of our research students aren't from the UK either, you can see that from the lab sheets adn other documentaion.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Did you see the interview of the restaurant owner who was one of
many who were closing down recently?

Jamie oliver was it, he said he expects his staff to work as if they owned the resturant whehn they don't and won't earn more for working more.
A similar culture existed when I worked for a local supermarket.

The reasons they all gave were the same:

The cost of food has gone up.

So they should increase the prices it's not like the poor need these resturants.
Or is this why MP need larger pay packets ?

They can't get the staff.

If they paid more they could.
Jamie oliver expected all his staff to work like they owned the place and recieved shares in it, he expected his staff to work as hard as his children who would inherit the resturant.

People aren't spending so much on going out because of the
'uncertainties of Brexit'.

How do you know this ?
I didnlt go out the other night because it was cold nothing to do with brexit.
Maybe that's why people arent; going to KFC too.

And this is in light of us being told that visitors would be flocking
to the UK because of the cheap pound?

How will ypou tell if it's the cheap pound or the royal wedding ?

Why is it *still* an uncertainty? Surely we wouldn't go for it if the
outcome wasn't guaranteed to be at least positive?

Lets see the weather has nothing to do with people coming or going anywhere, neither has terrosism it''s all down to brexit, maybe that's why man city lost against wigan.