Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default gas legal?

Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2018 19:02, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

If you are a owner occupier, ie not a landlord, then it is not illegal.

Good working practice says you should check after replacing the 'screw'
blanking using leak-spray.

If you are checking leak rates then there are some procedures you need
to go through to get a true value.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
news
On 16/02/2018 19:02, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the
meter
and at the boiler ?

If you are a owner occupier, ie not a landlord, then it is not illegal.

Good working practice says you should check after replacing the 'screw'
blanking using leak-spray.

If you are checking leak rates then there are some procedures you need to
go through to get a true value.

A couple of months ago the boiler wouldn't fire up and the engineer phoned
the gas people and got them out to replace a faulty regulator the all was
fine...the boiler is at it again indicating the same error and I would just
like to knew if the new regulator has failed......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2018 19:31, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
wrote in message
news
On 16/02/2018 19:02, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the
meter
and at the boiler ?

If you are a owner occupier, ie not a landlord, then it is not illegal.

Good working practice says you should check after replacing the 'screw'
blanking using leak-spray.

If you are checking leak rates then there are some procedures you need to
go through to get a true value.

A couple of months ago the boiler wouldn't fire up and the engineer phoned
the gas people and got them out to replace a faulty regulator the all was
fine...the boiler is at it again indicating the same error and I would just
like to knew if the new regulator has failed......

It's 11th Commandment time: "Be thou not found out"!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/16/2018 7:55 PM, Roger Mills wrote:
On 16/02/2018 19:31, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Â* wrote in message
news
[...]

well I don't want to test it the phone the gas board and tell them the
pressure is low and their new regulator is faulty and get a
bolloxing....yes I know...gas board...tee hee

--
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Fat Masons need love ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

For your own boiler? No problem. Its a manometer that you want though,
not a monometer .

If your boiler is having problems with supply pressure and your regulator
has been changed it may be that your pipe work is underspecced for the gas
demand.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 February 2018 20:27:11 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

For your own boiler? No problem. Its a manometer that you want though,
not a monometer .

aka a bit of flexible plastic tube from a car accessory place.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/16/2018 8:27 PM, Tim+ wrote:
Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

For your own boiler? No problem. Its a manometer that you want though,
not a monometer .

If your boiler is having problems with supply pressure and your regulator
has been changed it may be that your pipe work is underspecced for the gas
demand.

Tim

no no I upped the size when I fitted the combi replacing a
conventional.......

--
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Fat Masons need love ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/16/2018 7:02 PM, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the meter
and at the boiler ?

all seems to be back to normal now...just had my yearly bath ....is
there a web site where they tell you if there has been unusually low gas
pressures in an area ??????

--
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Fat Masons need love ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2018 19:55, Roger Mills wrote:
On 16/02/2018 19:31, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Â* wrote in message
news
[...]

While it's a mugs game to admit to do any work, for fear of
consequential liability, I can't see any legal issue for being "found out"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If its not their gear, just like the other service folk they charge you.

I do not know who you would call. In London up to some point its one company
then another. This has to be the most inefficient way to run a gas supply
system.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
news On 16/02/2018 19:02, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Yes and it might also be a good idea to ask around to see if gas issues
are locally high. If they have not replaced mains for many many years some
places have so little gas pipe left its te clay in the soil which is
acting as the pipe in some places!
Brian

went next door and theirs is OK .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the
meter
and at the boiler ?

For your own boiler? No problem. It's a manometer that you want though,
not a monometer .

aka a bit of flexible plastic tube from a car accessory place.

NT

HA HA SILLY ME...TEE HEE

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Depends on the gas. Sir Humphrey Davy used to have nitrous oxide parties
with his chums, but current legislation says that anything that makes
you feel good is illegal unless it's on a government approved list.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 14:46:41 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

Depends on the gas. Sir Humphrey Davy used to have nitrous oxide parties
with his chums, but current legislation says that anything that makes
you feel good is illegal unless it's on a government approved list.

.... of taxable 'luxuries'. :-)

--
Johnny B Good