Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default gas legal?

On 2/16/2018 7:55 PM, Roger Mills wrote:
On 16/02/2018 19:31, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Â* wrote in message
news
On 16/02/2018 19:02, Jim.GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is it legal for me to use a monometer to check the gas pressure at the
meter
and at the boiler ?

If you are a owner occupier, ie not a landlord, then it is not illegal.

Good working practice says you should check after replacing the 'screw'
blanking using leak-spray.

If you are checking leak rates then there are some procedures you
need to
go through to get a true value.

A couple of months ago the boiler wouldn't fire up and the engineer
phoned
the gas people and got them out to replace a faulty regulator the all was
fine...the boiler is at it again indicating the same error and I would
just
like to knew if the new regulator has failed......

It's 11th Commandment time: "Be thou not found out"!

well I don't want to test it the phone the gas board and tell them the
pressure is low and their new regulator is faulty and get a
bolloxing....yes I know...gas board...tee hee

--
Resisting Freemasonry for 39 years .....
Fat Masons need love ...