Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rubbish collection

This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU

Collected from 16 apartment blocks. (And I bet it does sometimes).

https://www.wired.com/2010/08/trash-sucking-island/
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:08:41 +0000, Graham. wrote:

This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU

Collected from 16 apartment blocks. (And I bet it does sometimes).

https://www.wired.com/2010/08/trash-sucking-island/

Meanwhile, in the leafy estates of sunny Northampton, outside some small
blocks of apartments, the big bins had on them:
"Flat residents only" - I wonder where the garbage goes.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/18 13:40, wrote:
This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU

Here's a somewhat gripping* Envac Corporate Presentation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxokvOY_bWs

There are ambitious plans to install such a system (underground vacuum
pipes connected to on-street waste bins) in the regeneration of Brent
Cross and Cricklewood. Dunno where that's currently going, or where
other using sites in the UK are.

http://www.brentcrosslondon.co.uk/as...BXC08_RESS.pdf

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2018 15:38, PeterC wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:08:41 +0000, Graham. wrote:

This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU

Collected from 16 apartment blocks. (And I bet it does sometimes).

https://www.wired.com/2010/08/trash-sucking-island/

Meanwhile, in the leafy estates of sunny Northampton, outside some small
blocks of apartments, the big bins had on them:
"Flat residents only" - I wonder where the garbage goes.

The houses of parliament have a built-in vacuum system. The cleaning
people only need a long hose that plugs into wall inlets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 30/01/2018 15:38, PeterC wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:08:41 +0000, Graham. wrote:

This is how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmdJ7_niRU

Collected from 16 apartment blocks. (And I bet it does sometimes).

https://www.wired.com/2010/08/trash-sucking-island/

Meanwhile, in the leafy estates of sunny Northampton, outside some small
blocks of apartments, the big bins had on them:
"Flat residents only" - I wonder where the garbage goes.

The houses of parliament have a built-in vacuum system. The cleaning
people only need a long hose that plugs into wall inlets.

common in hotels

not the same as rubbish disposal

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 15:23:33 -0000
"tim..." wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 30/01/2018 15:38, PeterC wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
The houses of parliament have a built-in vacuum system. The cleaning
people only need a long hose that plugs into wall inlets.

common in hotels

not the same as rubbish disposal

It is waste removal, but on a different scale.