Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Odd flex

On 18 Dec 2017 22:33:58 GMT
Huge wrote:

TBH, I have some sympathy. I've been unable to find my way out of
buildings (usually hospitals) in the past.

I once visited a building that had the exit on the first floor, and
wandered around the ground floor becoming increasingly confused as I
could find nothing but fire exits and stairways up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Morley wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017 22:33:58 GMT
Huge wrote:

TBH, I have some sympathy. I've been unable to find my way out of
buildings (usually hospitals) in the past.

I once visited a building that had the exit on the first floor, and
wandered around the ground floor becoming increasingly confused as I
could find nothing but fire exits and stairways up.

Yes, I've had that in a hospital. No exits on the lowest floor. Exits
at one end on the first floor, and only on the second floor at the other
end. Then a new block you could only get to on the second floor, but
had exits on the floor two below that, equivalent to the exitless ground
floor in the old building. Sound confusing?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Rob Morley wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017 22:33:58 GMT
Huge wrote:

TBH, I have some sympathy. I've been unable to find my way out of
buildings (usually hospitals) in the past.

I once visited a building that had the exit on the first floor, and
wandered around the ground floor becoming increasingly confused as I
could find nothing but fire exits and stairways up.

Yes, I've had that in a hospital. No exits on the lowest floor.

Ours does, but its not easy to find if you come in thru the main entrance
and go
down there for the stuff that’s down there like pathology and the blood
bank.

They have pretty good signs and a track thing marked on the
floor to the exit at that level tho. Its very obvious when coming
from the carpark when going to the pathology for bloods etc
with a decent sign outside saying what's in that entrance too.

Exits at one end on the first floor,

Our main entrance is in the middle of that floor, can't miss it. It’s
the whole new front on the rabbit warren of older stuff behind it.

and only on the second floor at the other end.

We have that too for the next building along.

Then a new block you could only get to on the second floor,
but had exits on the floor two below that, equivalent to the
exitless ground floor in the old building. Sound confusing?

And the gps doesn’t work inside either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/12/2017 15:49, Rob Morley wrote:
On 18 Dec 2017 22:33:58 GMT
Huge wrote:

TBH, I have some sympathy. I've been unable to find my way out of
buildings (usually hospitals) in the past.

I once visited a building that had the exit on the first floor, and
wandered around the ground floor becoming increasingly confused as I
could find nothing but fire exits and stairways up.

I worked in a building where the front and rear pedestrian entrances
were on the first floor, but the vehicle delivery entrance was on the
ground floor - all entrances were at ground level!

SteveW