Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using Gridwall in the kitchen

SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and
small pots.

It's chromed steel, and I'd have to cut it down to fit - I need about 2'
square and the smallest panel I can find is 2' x 4'. OK, that's easy,
but I'm a little concerned about rust where the cuts would be in a
sometimes steamy kitchen.

Should I be concerned, is there something unobtrusive to treat the cuts
with, or is there a stainless version?

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:15:59 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:
SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and
small pots.

It's chromed steel, and I'd have to cut it down to fit - I need about 2'
square and the smallest panel I can find is 2' x 4'. OK, that's easy,
but I'm a little concerned about rust where the cuts would be in a
sometimes steamy kitchen.

Should I be concerned, is there something unobtrusive to treat the cuts
with, or is there a stainless version?

Cheers

It will certainly rust if not protected. There's always clear epoxy.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:15:59 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:
SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and
small pots.... rust where the cuts would be in a
sometimes steamy kitchen.

It'll probably last long enough until she changes her mind.

Owain