Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT _ Hosting a Video

I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.
Any suggestions?

Vimeo?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote in news:f9fhbqFp1kpU1
@mid.individual.net:

DerbyBorn wrote:

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.
Any suggestions?

Vimeo?

I had just found that and saw the PRO package.

What size is needed for a 90 min video - any idea?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2017 14:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Put it on a website by ftp as a .MP4 in a suitable resolution to be
acceptable quality video and decent quality sound. Any decent transcoder
should allow you to save with custom downsampling and video quality.

Obviously there is a size vs quality tradeoff.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.
Any suggestions?

Vimeo?

I had just found that and saw the PRO package.

What size is needed for a 90 min video - any idea?

1-2GB

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 14:46:44 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

I have longer vids on my youtube, once there was an option where you could tick enabling you to upload longer vids. it was in a simialr section where you monetize and set up channels not easy to find but via setting you can type in the question under the help section "longer videos" was my search term and it came up with this.

Increase your video length limit

By default, you can upload videos that are up to 15 minutes long. To upload longer videos, follow the steps below to verify your account. If you have live streaming access, long uploads are enabled by default.

To upload longer videos, verify your account with the following steps:

On a computer, go to the upload page at youtube.com/upload.
At the bottom of the page, click Increase your limit. You can also go directly to https://www.youtube.com/verify.
Follow the steps to verify your account. You can choose to receive a verification code through a text message on a mobile phone or an automated voice call.
Once you've verified your account, you can upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes.

Make sure you're using an up-to-date version of your browser to upload files greater than 20GB.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Brown wrote:

Put it on a website by ftp as a .MP4

You won't get streaming then, depending on the client, it'll download
fully before playing ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Part 1 part 2 part3 etc?
I think if you want to do this kind of thing you need to pay a company for
the bandwidth. I'm not sure if any of the podcasts sites do it in an
affordable way.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/17 14:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Try dailymotion.com I've put longer videos up there.

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

mine are unlimited on youtube...can't remember why ...it may come to me

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James M Stewart" wrote in message

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking
me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

mine are unlimited on youtube...can't remember why ...it may come to me

verify your account ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2017 14:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Plenty of videos on youtube longer than 15 mins.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/17 16:39, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Put it on a website by ftp as a .MP4

You won't get streaming then, depending on the client, it'll download
fully before playing ...

depends: html5 will play it,though you might need a wrapper round it

div class="stop" id="button5" onclick="toggle_play('5')"
/div
div class="fullscreen" onclick="fullscreen('5')"
/div
video style="height: 450px;" id="media5" width="800" height="450"
preload= "metadata" poster="Video/Poster%20Intro%201.png"
source src="Video/mycrap.mp4" type="video/mp4"
/video

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Part 1 part 2 part3 etc?

Too crude.

I think if you want to do this kind of thing you need to pay a company for
the bandwidth.

Nope, youtube will do it.

I'm not sure if any of the podcasts sites do it in an affordable way.

youtube does.

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking
me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2017 14:46, DerbyBorn wrote:
I have uploaded a few "unlisted" videos on Youtube, but a mate is asking me
about how to enable his Institute to upload videos of lectures that could
be of about 90 minutes duration - so that members who do not attend could
log on and watch.7

It seems YouTube is limited to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Yup!
Listen to someone else. Once you are verified, YouTube videos can be 12
Hours long (or128GB),
see :-
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
for details

Seems, to me, to be a lot of backlash against YT just now . Is it worth
investing lots in this system ?
Mind you I can't think of anything that you could invest in that is
YT only.