Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Wetherspoons phasing out steaks

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Our local outlet has a habit of coating their steaks with some potion or
other that tastes not too brilliant and they are reluctant to leave it
off. So we go elsewhere.

Pizzas are not going to tempt us back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell
halal.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

It's a pity

Is it even true?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote on 10/12/2017 :
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

My big beef with them is that they don't publish their prices, except
on their menus in the outlets. Other similar places manage it, why not
JDW? Even if the price is just shown on a scan of their current on site
menu pages.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 10:47, Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

It's a pity

Is it even true?

Yes.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

'er indoors was grateful for that news: "let's them offer more options

for vegetarians"

just thought you'd like to know how the clientele may change

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 11:57, Robin wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

'er indoors was grateful for that news: "let's them offer more options

for vegetarians"

just thought you'd like to know how the clientele may changeÂ*

You can still have ham on the pizza:-)

And check your inbox/spam trap.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:11:45 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

ARW wrote on 10/12/2017 :
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

My big beef with them is that they don't publish their prices, except
on their menus in the outlets. Other similar places manage it, why not
JDW? Even if the price is just shown on a scan of their current on site
menu pages.

Mine is that our local place (that I've probably been in twice in the
many may years it's been there) has 'Norman Doors'.

I've watched many people the few times I've been there struggling by
pulling the 'push' side of the doors because they have 'pull' handles
not just push plates.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2017 10:32 AM, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell
halal.

Bill

Good...I refuse to eat halal .....

--
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling channel
.... ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 10:32, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell
halal.

Actually they do use Halal meat, it just does not say so on the menu. ie
they do buy halal meat and cook it (dare I say badly) but they do not
offer a halal certificate in the cooking and handling of the meat or
claim that it is halal.

What you want is a totally halal free meal. Try the gammon or the bacon
sandwich:-)

Now are you any good on hotel TV distribution amps?

Got a problem with one.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:50:13 +0000, ARW wrote:

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the
Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks any
more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if someone
ordered a 'snakebite'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:50:13 +0000, ARW wrote:

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the
Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks any
more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if someone
ordered a 'snakebite'.

Probably some snowflake found the name offensive....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 12:57, ARW wrote:

Now are you any good on hotel TV distribution amps?

Yes.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:

A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening

Did the server consent to be asked? Sexual harassment otherwise...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

'er indoors was grateful for that news: "let's them offer more options

for vegetarians"

As most JDW staff seem to be McDonalds rejects[1][2] you will probably
find the the veggie burgers are fried on the same griddle as the meat
burgers using the animal fat to stop them sticking.

[1] I gave up my local Southend-on-Sea JDW outlet many years ago. I
believe it was a training pub for their managers resulting in the
invisible customer syndrome. Too many staff with manager badges not
serving and too many staff on "cleaning duties" not serving. It was a
well run pub except for the inconvenience of the customers who actually
wanted to buy anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/17 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Made with real cheese or cheese flavoured glop? They have probably
noticed many fans of the latter enjoying it spread on top of tacos with
green guacamole cheese. A whole man's daily calories in that, I guess.

There have been some great days when they have to clear the fridge of
steaks - bit like selling off close to (but not at) end by date beers.

I hope they keep doing burgers, and putting McD to shame ...

Oh, and the Dragon Curry ;-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/17 14:05, alan_m wrote:

[1] I gave up my local Southend-on-Sea JDW outlet many years ago. I
believe it was a training pub for their managers resulting in the
invisible customer syndrome. Too many staff with manager badges not
serving and too many staff on "cleaning duties" not serving. It was a
well run pub except for the inconvenience of the customers who actually
wanted to buy anything.

The Post House? Bit of a student pub, crazy busy when I've been in.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling
channel
.... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed....
^^^^
you're
Signed...Known trouble maker ...

HTH
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 13:36, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/12/2017 12:57, ARW wrote:

Now are you any good on hotel TV distribution amps?

Yes.

Well I'll be in touch in 24 hours if TC's plan does not work - your help
would then be very much appreciated.

Also there seems to be a problem with the TV that is in the existing
place as it only seems to show the Jeremy Kyle show. I cannot find a
remote control for the TV and wonder if an axe could be used to change
the channel or should I stick with an angle grider?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2017 2:37 PM, Graham. wrote:
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling
channel
... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed....
^^^^
you're
Signed...Known trouble maker ...

HTH

why wouldn't it? ....

--
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling channel
.... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed....
Signed...Known trouble maker ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 12:57, ARW wrote:

Now are you any good on hotel TV distribution amps?

Yes.

Well I'll be in touch in 24 hours if TC's plan does not work - your help
would then be very much appreciated.

Also there seems to be a problem with the TV that is in the existing
place as it only seems to show the Jeremy Kyle show. I cannot find a
remote control for the TV and wonder if an axe could be used to change
the channel or should I stick with an angle grider?

Just go on to the show as a guest and confront Mr Kyle ::-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Guy who owns it was on Desert Island Discs the other week. Quite the worst
choice of music I've heard in a long long time on there.

--
*Gargling is a good way to see if your throat leaks.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 14:20, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

The Post House? Bit of a student pub, crazy busy when I've been in.

I did say I gave up on it years ago and I suppose now the business model
may have changed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 15:07:45 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 12/10/2017 2:37 PM, Graham. wrote:
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling
channel ... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed....
^^^^ you're
Signed...Known trouble maker ...

HTH

why wouldn't it? ....

"your" != "you're" FFS.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2017 3:57 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 15:07:45 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 12/10/2017 2:37 PM, Graham. wrote:
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling
channel ... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know your blackballed....
^^^^ you're
Signed...Known trouble maker ...

HTH

why wouldn't it? ....

"your" != "you're" FFS.

pedant...missed that sorry ...tee hee

--
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling channel
.... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know you're blackballed....
Signed...Known trouble maker ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

'er indoors was grateful for that news: "let's them offer more options

for vegetarians"

As most JDW staff seem to be McDonalds rejects[1][2] you will probably
find the the veggie burgers are fried on the same griddle as the meat
burgers using the animal fat to stop them sticking.

She probably won't care. It's the _taste_ of meat she dislikes, not the
principle. And like some other vegetarians of my acquaintance, she'll
be much more inclined to a Wetherspoon's pizza if they offer a crispy
bacon topping.
--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

'er indoors was grateful for that news: "let's them offer more options
for vegetarians"

As most JDW staff seem to be McDonalds rejects[1][2] you will probably
find the the veggie burgers are fried on the same griddle as the meat
burgers using the animal fat to stop them sticking.

She probably won't care.Â* It's the _taste_ of meat she dislikes, not the
principle.Â* And like some other vegetarians of my acquaintance, she'll
be much more inclined to a Wetherspoon's pizza if they offer a crispy
bacon topping.

Mmmmmmmmmmm non-halal ..

--
Listening 144.60 Mc/s wide FM the new post Amateur radio calling channel
.... ...
Once you see the RSGB logo you know you're blackballed....
Signed...Known trouble maker ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Got any references to this Adam?

I did not find any with a quick search and they are still promoting
their Tuesday night steak club online.
I even skimmed through their winter newsletter and found nought.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell
halal.

Bill

Not a lot of demand from their (cough) core customers?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2017 16:35, Bob Minchin wrote:
ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Got any references to this Adam?

I did not find any with a quick search and they are still promoting
their Tuesday night steak club online.
I even skimmed through their winter newsletter and found nought.

Give it time. They are keeping quiet about it to see if it works

I do know of one in London that has never sold steaks.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/17 10:29, F wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Our local outlet has a habit of coating their steaks with some potion or
other that tastes not too brilliant and they are reluctant to leave it
off. So we go elsewhere.

Pizzas are not going to tempt us back.

I find the JD near work does a decent burger and a pint combo that I
treat myself to occasionally... Not tried any of their other food for a
long time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/17 10:32, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

It's a pity because Weatherspoons are one of the few that refuse to sell
halal.

Bill

Really? +1 to them. But it's not like they are going to get the
demographic that wants it :-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 09:50:14 UTC, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.
Better profit margin.

And easier to cook - although I wonder if they've considered the costs of keeping a pizza oven hot all day?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 8:28:49 PM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 10/12/17 10:29, F wrote:
On 10/12/2017 09:50, ARW wrote:
It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

Our local outlet has a habit of coating their steaks with some potion or
other that tastes not too brilliant and they are reluctant to leave it
off. So we go elsewhere.

Pizzas are not going to tempt us back.

I find the JD near work does a decent burger and a pint combo that I
treat myself to occasionally... Not tried any of their other food for a
long time.

The Caley Picture House in Edinburgh is a JDW; didn't realise at the time but they served a decent burger and a good selection of beers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not enough of those staeakholders we often read about being consulted,
obviously.

:-)
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 10/12/2017 14:20, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

The Post House? Bit of a student pub, crazy busy when I've been in.

I did say I gave up on it years ago and I suppose now the business model
may have changed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 21:47:34 UTC, Halmyre wrote:
The Caley Picture House in Edinburgh is a JDW

The Caley Hotel, on the other hand, is not

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 13:22:38 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:50:13 +0000, ARW wrote:

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the
Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks any
more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if someone
ordered a 'snakebite'.

I had that problem years ago in a local pub in chingford, one of the reason I prefered the west end pubs. It got worse when I went over to 'hairy chests'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 December 2017 13:29:33 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 10/12/2017 13:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 09:50:13 +0000, ARW wrote:

It's now going to be pizzas they sell.

Better profit margin.

They're phasing out cocktails as well. A friend of mine ordered a
'slippery nipple' on Friday evening and was given the Baileys and the
Sambuca in separate glasses. They're not allowed to mix such drinks any
more, for some reason! I wonder what they'd say nowadays if someone
ordered a 'snakebite'.

Probably some snowflake found the name offensive....

When I asked there were always two excuses, people get really drunk on those and cause fights so we don't serve them, or it's a cocktail and we don't have a license for cocktails. Cocktails are defined as two or more mixed alcoholic drinks.