Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stannah stair lift rails

I have a two rail stair lift please could anyone tell me how the rails are
held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried allen keys with no
luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1254479-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2017 17:44, Mark Davies wrote:
I have a two rail stair liftÂ* please could anyone tell me how the rails are
held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried allen keys
with no
luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

They are roll pins (google if you don't recognise the term). They hammer
out with a suitable drift, but are in there quite tight. Get a proper
set of punches, rather than trying with a random bit of mild steel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark Davies m wrote
in :

I have a two rail stair lift please could anyone tell me how the
rails are held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried
allen keys with no luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

Not seen one - but could it be a Roll Pin??

https://www.spirol.com/company/products/

Stannah stair lift removal Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 22 December 18th 19 04:08 PM
Stannah stair lifts newshound UK diy 8 December 4th 15 08:14 PM
Stannah stair lifts Neil Bush UK diy 12 June 5th 14 08:59 PM
Black metal stair rails.banisters. Terry Home Repair 2 December 10th 05 07:06 PM
Advice on redoing stair rails needed The Other Mike Home Repair 3 November 27th 05 04:52 PM