DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stannah stair lift rails (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/601209-stannah-stair-lift-rails.html)

Mark Davies December 4th 17 05:44 PM

Stannah stair lift rails

I have a two rail stair lift please could anyone tell me how the rails are
held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried allen keys with no
luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1254479-.htm

newshound December 4th 17 08:03 PM

Stannah stair lift rails

On 04/12/2017 17:44, Mark Davies wrote:
I have a two rail stair liftÂ* please could anyone tell me how the rails are
held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried allen keys
with no
luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

They are roll pins (google if you don't recognise the term). They hammer
out with a suitable drift, but are in there quite tight. Get a proper
set of punches, rather than trying with a random bit of mild steel.

DerbyBorn[_5_] December 5th 17 06:15 PM

Stannah stair lift rails

Mark Davies m wrote
in :

I have a two rail stair lift please could anyone tell me how the
rails are held together it looks like a locating pin. We have tried
allen keys with no luck.
Do we just gently hammer the pins out or is it a screw of some kind ?

Not seen one - but could it be a Roll Pin??

https://www.spirol.com/company/products/