Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roller blind fitting cost?

A friend has asked if I can fit two basic roller blinds. Both will need
the roller and fabric shortening to fit narrower window.
I'd happily do it for nothing but they insist on paying the going rate.

So my question is what is the "odd job man" going rate.

TIA

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2017 19:49, Bob Minchin wrote:
wrote:
On 23/11/2017 19:31, Bob Minchin wrote:
A friend has asked if I can fit two basic roller blinds. Both will
need the roller and fabric shortening to fit narrower window.
I'd happily do it for nothing but they insist on paying the going rate.

So my question is what is the "odd job man" going rate.

TIA

Bob

A bottle of wine

I'd happily settle for that but they want to make it what a tradesman
would charge - difficult one eh?

Why not adopt Dave's pricing scheme:

http://medwayhandyman.co.uk/charges.htm

I sure he won't mind! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
A friend has asked if I can fit two basic roller blinds. Both will
need the roller and fabric shortening to fit narrower window.
I'd happily do it for nothing but they insist on paying the going
rate.
So my question is what is the "odd job man" going rate.

TIA

Bob

Been there.
Roller binds are utter crap, always have been and always will be. Bloody
awful things.
Tell your friend to pay the shop he bought then from to fit them.

fixing a roller blind [email protected] UK diy 5 September 27th 05 10:08 AM
roller blind brackets stuart noble UK diy 4 March 26th 04 10:55 AM
Roller Blind making Stuart UK diy 4 February 20th 04 04:25 PM
roller blind help Tony Williams UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 04:20 PM
Roller blind in the shower? S Viemeister UK diy 2 July 21st 03 07:31 PM