Default fixing a roller blind

The bathroom window that I'd like to attach a roller blind to has a
trickle vent opening at the top of the window frame. If I attach the
roller blind to the window frame itself, then I'll have to leave a 1
inch gap at the top.

I'm pretty sure this will look odd so the only other possibility is to
attach the blind mechanism to the inner window recess which will mean
having to drill through tiles.

Before I do this I was wondering if instead of screwing the mechanism
to the vertical walls, I could use some strong adhesive (i.e. No More
Nails glue) instead? The actual mechanisms would have a sirface area of
about 3 square inches.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Wayne.

Michael Mcneil

"wayne" wrote in message
oups.com

The bathroom window that I'd like to attach a roller blind to has a
trickle vent opening at the top of the window frame. If I attach the
roller blind to the window frame itself, then I'll have to leave a 1
inch gap at the top.

Use a 2" stick for a pelmet to hide it? Pack the frame out with 2 x 1 or
similar?

The only other possibility is to attach the blind mechanism to the
inner window recess which will mean having to drill through tiles.

Simple enough to do. New drill bit and a bit of masking tape to mark the
holes on and keep the drill spot on.

Instead of screwing the mechanism could I use some strong adhesive?
The actual mechanisms would have a surface area of 3 square inches.

Mastic a piece of half inch ply (or some other easier thing to screw to)
onto the tile. Hold it in place with masking tape -till it sets.

wh1974

Excellent.

Any sign of it pulling away from the wall? Just to re-iterate, I'll
hopefully be using 'no more nails' adhesive to stick the plastic
bracket to 'shiny' wall-tiles.

Thanks.

Dave

wh1974 wrote:
Excellent.

Any sign of it pulling away from the wall? Just to re-iterate, I'll
hopefully be using 'no more nails' adhesive to stick the plastic
bracket to 'shiny' wall-tiles.

Thanks.

No sign of any movement at all, just make sure the tile's surface is
thoroughly de-greased before you stick it up. Oh, and work out in advance
the best way of providing some temporary support to it whilst the glue goes
off - No More Nails does grab well, but a bit of extra support will ensure
nothing slides out of place!

Dave

wh1974

Ok, thanks for this information.

Last night I stuck one of the brackets to the wall tiles first using
some white spirit to clean the tile's surface. Tonight I'll check that
it's still stuck on strongly, if so then I'll stick the second bracket
on the opposite wall tile.

I figured that by doing it this way, I'll be able to use a spirit level
to ensure they are both level.

Thanks again,
Wayne.

fixing a venetian blind puller Winslow. Home Repair 5 January 3rd 05 10:24 PM
roller blind brackets stuart noble UK diy 4 March 26th 04 10:55 AM
Roller Blind making Stuart UK diy 4 February 20th 04 04:25 PM
roller blind help Tony Williams UK diy 3 July 23rd 03 04:20 PM
Roller blind in the shower? S Viemeister UK diy 2 July 21st 03 07:31 PM