Michael Mcneil

"wayne" wrote in message
oups.com

The bathroom window that I'd like to attach a roller blind to has a
trickle vent opening at the top of the window frame. If I attach the
roller blind to the window frame itself, then I'll have to leave a 1
inch gap at the top.

Use a 2" stick for a pelmet to hide it? Pack the frame out with 2 x 1 or
similar?

The only other possibility is to attach the blind mechanism to the
inner window recess which will mean having to drill through tiles.

Simple enough to do. New drill bit and a bit of masking tape to mark the
holes on and keep the drill spot on.

Instead of screwing the mechanism could I use some strong adhesive?
The actual mechanisms would have a surface area of 3 square inches.

Mastic a piece of half inch ply (or some other easier thing to screw to)
onto the tile. Hold it in place with masking tape -till it sets.