Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap car tyres

Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm just wondering if they are too good to be true.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises as depicted in the photograph they show on their site
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and
I'm just wondering if they are too good to be true.

I've never gone with budget tyres, I'm sure they're manufactured to meet
the same safety requirements as all the others, but I just stick with
known names.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises

The boarded-up office does claim to be an accountants who have moved
premises, and it's not unusual to have registered office at the accountants.

as depicted in the photograph they show on their site

Which presumably is the Polish building?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

I've never gone with budget tyres

I'd assumed oponeo were a no-name polish tyre manufacturer, looks like
they're a tyre warehouse, The fact they say they don't supply any tyres
over 36 months old, makes me think they've been hanging around for a while.

Only tenner cheaper than F1 for my tyres, how much extra would you pay
for fitting/balancing/disposal?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 13:34, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

I've never gone with budget tyres

I'd assumed oponeo were a no-name polish tyre manufacturer, looks like
they're a tyre warehouse, The fact they say they don't supply any tyres
over 36 months old, makes me think they've been hanging around for a while.

Only tenner cheaper than F1 for my tyres, how much extra would you pay
for fitting/balancing/disposal?

Probably about £15 per tyre. I think oponeo will advise a tyre fitter
if you want.

I bought some wheels and tyres from mytyres.co.uk which are a German or
Austrian company.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 1:25:02 PM UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
fred wrote:

Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and
I'm just wondering if they are too good to be true.

I've never gone with budget tyres, I'm sure they're manufactured to meet
the same safety requirements as all the others, but I just stick with
known names.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises

The boarded-up office does claim to be an accountants who have moved
premises, and it's not unusual to have registered office at the accountants.

as depicted in the photograph they show on their site

Which presumably is the Polish building?

Well I was looking for Pirelli P Zero and they were quoting from £205 each for the 275 x 35 R20 102y. Cheaper than others but not a budget tyre

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:

I think oponeo will advise a tyre fitter
if you want.

I bought some wheels and tyres from mytyres.co.uk which are a German or
Austrian company.

Before they got bought by one of the big manufacturers, I bought four
tyes from blackcircles a few years ago, at the time noticeably cheaper
and they sent a mobile fitter to the site I was working at the time -
last time I checked, they didn't cover the midlands any more.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:07:16 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

I think oponeo will advise a tyre fitter
if you want.

I bought some wheels and tyres from mytyres.co.uk which are a German or
Austrian company.

Before they got bought by one of the big manufacturers, I bought four
tyes from blackcircles a few years ago, at the time noticeably cheaper
and they sent a mobile fitter to the site I was working at the time -
last time I checked, they didn't cover the midlands any more.

My Blackcircle tyres were fitted by one of a choice of local fitters
that I had - I simply clicked the time slot I wanted.

--
AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm
just wondering if they are too good to be true.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises as depicted in the
photograph they show on their site

got a quality tyre from them no problem but if you want them fitted better
with black circles ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote
fred wrote

Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm
just wondering if they are too good to be true.

I've never gone with budget tyres, I'm sure they're manufactured to meet
the same safety requirements as all the others, but I just stick with
known names.

I have and havent had any trouble with them.

Not stupid enough to get involved in the name scam.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises

The boarded-up office does claim to be an accountants who have moved
premises, and it's not unusual to have registered office at the
accountants.

as depicted in the photograph they show on their site

Which presumably is the Polish building?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

I think oponeo will advise a tyre fitter
if you want.

I bought some wheels and tyres from mytyres.co.uk which are a German or
Austrian company.

Before they got bought by one of the big manufacturers, I bought four
tyes from blackcircles a few years ago, at the time noticeably cheaper
and they sent a mobile fitter to the site I was working at the time -
last time I checked, they didn't cover the midlands any more.

My Blackcircle tyres were fitted by one of a choice of local fitters
that I had - I simply clicked the time slot I wanted.

But they only get £10 a tyre and they have to swallow the disposal
costs.

I used a genuine local chap in Petworth and was happy to pay him
£25 more for 2 astra tyres than the online sites would have
charged.

Local traders like that need to be kept in business. They are like
bank branches and post offices, use them or lose them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to fred, Iggy wrote:
Never heard of them and never used them, But, according to Oponeo ( see
description of "Tyre Barum Bravuris 3HM Summer Tyres Oponeo" -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQI1b8Ew8cc ) they're a Continental company.
So, they are and are backed by a solid company with a few Highly Rated
models...NO tire company gets it right more than just occasionally.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1246924-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

[...]

Nope. And a few doing what you choose
to do wont keep them in business anyway.

They are like bank branches and post offices,

Yep, way past their useby date. I havent used a
bank with a local branch for more than 40 years
and only recently used a local branch again when
the only bank that would initially do ApplePay is
such a dinosaur operation that they required me
to show up in person to get the ****ing account.

use them or lose them.

Lose them, thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Iggy wrote:

according to Oponeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQI1b8Ew8cc
they're a Continental company.

That only says Barum is a Continental Brand, not that Oponeo are owned
by Continental.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Andy Burns, Iggy wrote:
You're right, dropped a clanger here. Barum was the only brand I didn't
recognize thinking the question was about a brand. But now, I just re-read the
question. Thanks for the catch.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1246924-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Iggy m Wrote in
message:
replying to fred, Iggy wrote:
Never heard of them and never used them, But, according to Oponeo ( see
description of "Tyre Barum Bravuris 3HM Summer Tyres Oponeo" -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQI1b8Ew8cc ) they're a Continental company.
So, they are and are backed by a solid company with a few Highly Rated
models...NO tire company gets it right more than just occasionally.

Tyre has a y y'all....

Where are you based?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 14:35, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"fred" wrote in message
Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm
just wondering if they are too good to be true.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road
North Harrow
London
HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises as depicted in the
photograph they show on their site

got a quality tyre from them no problem but if you want them fitted better
with black circles ......

IME national tyres are just as cheap as black circles by the time you
have them fitted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm
just wondering if they are too good to be true.

got a quality tyre from them no problem but if you want them fitted better
with black circles ......

IME national tyres are just as cheap as black circles by the time you
have them fitted.

Yes, I recommend www.tyre-shopper.co.uk who seem to be the online arm of National Tyres. They will beat Black Circles and Openeo prices by £1, and they are fitted at a National Tyres branch of your choice.

I have no connection with them, other than having used them for years...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

buying on line you can get the exact tyre you want instead of going to a
tyre place in town and having to make a instant decision about whatever
brand they want rid of and can con you into at the time .........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/11/2017 14:03, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
buying on line you can get the exact tyre you want instead of going to a
tyre place in town and having to make a instant decision about whatever
brand they want rid of and can con you into at the time .........

They will order in what you want, the same day if you are early enough.

National didn't try and fiddle me when I last bought tyres..
the old ones were seven years old and were cracking at the side wall
(they got an MOT warning last year) and a puncture repair (done
elsewhere) had failed.
They recommended a budget tyre as the old ones were less than half worn
and they have been fine even though they were less than half the price
of replacing like for like.

You must have used kwick fit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 05/11/2017 14:03, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
buying on line you can get the exact tyre you want instead of going to a
tyre place in town and having to make a instant decision about whatever
brand they want rid of and can con you into at the time .........

They will order in what you want, the same day if you are early enough.

National didn't try and fiddle me when I last bought tyres..
the old ones were seven years old and were cracking at the side wall (they
got an MOT warning last year) and a puncture repair (done elsewhere) had
failed.
They recommended a budget tyre as the old ones were less than half worn
and they have been fine even though they were less than half the price of
replacing like for like.

You must have used kwick fit.

never

OT-ish: car wheels/tyres Another John UK diy 27 July 28th 14 08:40 PM
Foot pump maintenance (car tyres) Another John UK diy 22 April 12th 14 03:30 PM
Nitrogen in Car tyres Camdor[_2_] UK diy 99 October 12th 10 10:51 PM
OT? Trailer tyres .. T i m UK diy 6 April 23rd 07 09:36 PM
Digger tyres question Rick UK diy 13 April 14th 05 09:13 PM