Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power connector for Belkin N1 router

The power connector on my belkin N1 router needs replacing - but can
someone pls tell me what it's called so I can ebay for one?
There seems to be zillions of these type of connectors - all slightly
differnt sizes!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dave wrote:

The power connector on my belkin N1 router needs replacing - but can
someone pls tell me what it's called so I can ebay for one?

barrel connector

There seems to be zillions of these type of connectors - all slightly
differnt sizes!

measured by the outer and inner diameters in mm e.g. 5.5mm/2.1mm

the outer you can measure with a vernier, or just a rule if your eyes
are up to it, for the inner try know twist drills for a snug fit?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
measured by the outer and inner diameters in mm e.g. 5.5mm/2.1mm

the outer you can measure with a vernier, or just a rule if your eyes
are up to it, for the inner try know twist drills for a snug fit?

The annoying thing is there's a 5.5/2.1 and a 5.5/2.5 which are both very
common. You can't usually fit a 2.1 plug on a 2.5 socket, but it is often
possible to fit a 2.5 plug on a 2.1 socket. It might work, but it may be
loose and won't deliver the full current rating.

Maybe try a 2.5mm and a 2mm drill, which might tell you whether it'll take a
2.5 or not?

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

There are, hundreds of them and it seems that any one company also changes
the ones they use at a whim.

There are different pin diameters, and different outside diameters and
different lengths too. Bah Humbug.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dave" wrote in message
The power connector on my belkin N1 router needs replacing - but can
someone pls tell me what it's called so I can ebay for one?
There seems to be zillions of these type of connectors - all slightly
differnt sizes!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You can often buy PSUs that come with several interchangeable heads with a good chance one will usually fit.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just checked on Maplins they sell a replacement power lead with a variety of plug in heads which look as if they have all the common sizes covered. Might be even cheaper on eBay.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/3a-dc-out...able-18m-aq81c

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

Just checked on Maplins they sell a replacement power lead with a variety of plug in heads

Actually it says it doesn't come with the heads, just the cable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually it says it doesn't come with the heads, just the cable.

Sorry about that just looked at the pictures, one of which showed heads did not read the specs. However they do sell sets of heads which I Presume need to be matched up to a cable but it is starting to look expensive when all you really want is one of the plugs.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

There are, hundreds of them and it seems that any one company also changes
the ones they use at a whim.

There are different pin diameters, and different outside diameters and
different lengths too. Bah Humbug.

Brian

Do not forget different polarity, for added fun.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/10/17 09:59, Tricky Dicky wrote:
You can often buy PSUs that come with several interchangeable heads with a good chance one will usually fit.

Richard

If I were n my old house, there would be at leats 3 Belkin power
supplies left over from people who gifted me blown or part working
belkin routers...

If I had a belkin or a netgear I'd throw it away.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
dave wrote:
The power connector on my belkin N1 router needs replacing - but can
someone pls tell me what it's called so I can ebay for one?
There seems to be zillions of these type of connectors - all slightly
differnt sizes!

It can often be easier to just replace both plug and socket with matching
one you can obtain.

--
*We never really grow*up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.