Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. The EUSSR and carbon capture and sequestration.

https://euobserver.com/investigations/139257
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2017 06:57, harry wrote:
https://euobserver.com/investigations/139257

And as usual the headline photo chosen shows millions of tons of carbon
being injected into the atmosphere by cooling towers. Why would they
expect anyone to continue reading.

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/17 09:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 09:04:34 +0100, Chris B wrote:

On 08/10/2017 06:57, harry wrote:
https://euobserver.com/investigations/139257

And as usual the headline photo chosen shows millions of tons of carbon
being injected into the atmosphere by cooling towers. Why would they
expect anyone to continue reading.

ROTFLMAO! Your ignorance is extraordinary, but not untypical, I fear.
Cooling towers don't emit CO2. What you see is 'steam', more correctly
an aerosol of fine water droplets, as in mist or clouds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_tower

CO2 comes out of the chimney, the red and white striped structure in
the second picture, and a most of what's visible from that is also
'steam'.

I think he was being sarcastic...

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2017 11:17, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 11:04:30 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 08/10/17 09:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 09:04:34 +0100, Chris B wrote:

On 08/10/2017 06:57, harry wrote:
https://euobserver.com/investigations/139257

And as usual the headline photo chosen shows millions of tons of carbon
being injected into the atmosphere by cooling towers. Why would they
expect anyone to continue reading.

ROTFLMAO! Your ignorance is extraordinary, but not untypical, I fear.
Cooling towers don't emit CO2. What you see is 'steam', more correctly
an aerosol of fine water droplets, as in mist or clouds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_tower

CO2 comes out of the chimney, the red and white striped structure in
the second picture, and a most of what's visible from that is also
'steam'.

I think he was being sarcastic...

So it was a 'whoosh' that went right past me. I hope you're right, and
apologies to Chris B if you are!

Sorry its a pet hate of mine. (Maybe I missed off an :-))

Ever since we were made to work out the temperature difference between
water entering a cooling tower and leaving it during my thermodynamics
lectures some what 40 years ago it seems that most news (both printed
and TV) story about atmospheric pollution is illustrated by cooling
towers "belching out pollution". They have been at it for at least 35
years.

--
Chris B (News)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic...

So it was a 'whoosh' that went right past me. I hope you're right, and
apologies to Chris B if you are!

Filming real flue output is a non event so I think we are stuck with the
media using cooling towers instead:-(

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Sorry its a pet hate of mine.Â* (Maybe I missed off an :-))

Ever since we were made to work out the temperature difference between
water entering a cooling tower and leaving it during my thermodynamics
lectures some what 40 years ago it seems that most news (both printed
and TV) story about atmospheric pollution is illustrated by cooling
towers "belching out pollution".Â* They have been at it for at least 35
years.

It is always either that or the water vapour from a vehicle exhaust.

SteveW

Stereo 3D photography capture and view stereoscopic still and motion images matheworman UK diy 0 February 15th 07 09:51 PM
Video Capture Card Quotation jason UK diy 0 January 8th 05 10:39 AM
CCTV Video Capture Big Tim UK diy 36 October 25th 03 04:55 PM
Police Capture Cardboard Norm Shawn Woodworking 1 October 8th 03 11:13 PM