Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I've just had a flexible hose burst.

I've just had a flexible hose burst.
7 years old under the bath and connected to the hot tap. The braiding was completely corroded and the rubber pipe split. The flat below flooded.

I had no idea that there was an issue with these but can see from old posts that this is a common problem.

Now I have to try and think of all the other places/jobs where I have installed them.

A plumber has told me only to use WRAS approved, which the ones from Wickes are. Pretty sure the duff one came from Screwfix.