Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Slightly alarming email from my son

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/09/2017 20:51, GB wrote:
Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

Well on the bright side, at least he is having a go!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/09/2017 20:51, GB wrote:
Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

Inherited? Haha! You are Yosser Hughes AICMFP.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that
we need that wall, really, but it's very much on view.

One good thing about bricklaying is that you can always
pull it down and do it again and only waste the mortar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

there are an infinite number of arrangements to build a wonky brick wall
but only one that builds a true wall.

so its amazing that true walls are ever built
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

there are an infinite number of arrangements to build a wonky brick wall
but only one that builds a true wall.

Bull**** on that only one.

so its amazing that true walls are ever built

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 20:51:59 UTC+1, GB wrote:
Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."
Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really,

depends if it's holding anything up

but it's very much on view.

Ivy doesn't care if it's wonky. If you can't wait, get some plastic ivy until the real stuff grows.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

There's a one day course at the local college I keep meaning to
do; "Build a brick wall."

It's the prerequisite to a much longer course called "build a
straight, nice-looking brick wall"!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 20:51:59 UTC+1, GB wrote:
Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

Tell him to start at the bottom and not the top :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tjoepstil
writes
On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to
make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

there are an infinite number of arrangements to build a wonky brick
wall but only one that builds a true wall.

so its amazing that true walls are ever built

So give some bricks and mortar and a trowel to an ape and observe.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 September 2017 20:38:40 UTC+1, bert wrote:
So give some bricks and mortar and a trowel to an ape and observe.

Adam should give some sockets and cable to an ape and compare the result with some apprentices.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2017-09-27, GB wrote:

Slightly alarming email from my son:
"Turns out bricklaying is a lot harder than it looks."

Unfortunately, he's not practising! I'm not sure that we need that wall,
really, but it's very much on view.

It's amazing how perfectly rectangular bricks can fit together to make
a wonky result. DAMHIKT.

There's a one day course at the local college I keep meaning to
do; "Build a brick wall."

I did a 2 day course at a local building trades college.
It was really good, and really enjoyable.

Did another 2 day course on plastering - also excellent.
That was actually spilt into 1 day new plastering/rendering,
half day repairing broken plaster/render, and half a day
on special finishes, of which you chose one relevant to
you (I chose pebbledash, as there are some decorative
pebbledash panels on first floor of my house).

--
Andrew Gabriel

email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 09:31 PM
Curious and alarming hot water problem Pete UK diy 1 March 2nd 05 06:04 PM
Alarming crack... JK UK diy 30 August 29th 04 02:08 AM
Lost my all my email and change of email addy Grant Erwin Metalworking 2 August 14th 03 11:30 PM