Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I'm off

You wont hear anything from me for a couple of weeks as I'm off to
Kyrgyzstan for a wee trip. Like all good travellers I've been reading up
on the customs so as not to accidentally offend anyone.
I thought some of you may find the advice on social drinking amusing.

"VODKA

First, find someone to drink with. Only alcoholics drink alone. Second,
choose your vodka, the more you spend... the less painful your hangover.
Third, choose your zakuska, something salty, dried, or fatty. This is so
that the vodka is either absorbed by the food or repelled by the fat.
Fourth, open your bottle... but be careful, once you open it you must
drink it all (a good vodka bottle doesn't have a cap that can be
replaced), now pour your shots. Fifth, you will toast! You must toast!
Toast your friends, toast their futures, toast their sheep, toast their
cars. Sixth, drink! Drink it all! Now chase it with a zakuska and repeat
until you either can't see the bottle or it is empty!"

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2017 11:12, Muddymike wrote:
[...]

An old friend of mine was once on an extended trip to some Soviet
nuclear power stations with another senior manager who was quite
slightly built and not a particularly serious drinker.

They had a lot of experience of these sessions with the half litre crown
cap bottles. One of the hosts had a particular party trick which was to
open one of these bottles and drink it straight down. Right at the end
of the trip, the little guy repeated the "trick" to the astonishment of
the Soviets, and my friend. On the plane home he explained that he had
pinched an empty bottle and cap, filled it with water and replaced the
cap, and by sleight of hand use it for his performance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2017 12:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well lets hope the UK crooks do not know where you live.

Brian

No matter if they do, we are not all going so the house isn't empty.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 11:12:35 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

First, find someone to drink with. Only alcoholics drink alone. Second,
choose your vodka, the more you spend... the less painful your hangover.
Third, choose your zakuska, something salty, dried, or fatty. This is so
that the vodka is either absorbed by the food or repelled by the fat.
Fourth, open your bottle... but be careful, once you open it you must
drink it all (a good vodka bottle doesn't have a cap that can be
replaced), now pour your shots. Fifth, you will toast! You must toast!
Toast your friends, toast their futures, toast their sheep, toast their
cars. Sixth, drink! Drink it all! Now chase it with a zakuska and repeat
until you either can't see the bottle or it is empty!"

Sounds like an absolute hoot! Have fun.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 11:12:36 UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
[...]

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-and-security
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2017 16:05, harry wrote:
[...]

Or you could just go to London and increase your risks of getting killed
and meet loads of foreigners.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 11:12:36 UTC+1, MuddymikeÂ* wrote:
[...]

Last time I was in London I didn't see many snow capped mountains, salt
water lakes, none mechanical agriculture or any Yurts to stay in. Mind
you we are flying with Aeroflot...

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:34:13 +0000, Huge wrote:

You're a boring ****, aren't you?

And you're a *thick* one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:35:51 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Mind
you we are flying with Aeroflot...

Are you sure about the "flying" bit?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:49:10 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 11:12:35 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

First, find someone to drink with. Only alcoholics drink alone. Second,
choose your vodka, the more you spend... the less painful your hangover.
Third, choose your zakuska, something salty, dried, or fatty. This is so
that the vodka is either absorbed by the food or repelled by the fat.
Fourth, open your bottle... but be careful, once you open it you must
drink it all (a good vodka bottle doesn't have a cap that can be
replaced), now pour your shots. Fifth, you will toast! You must toast!
Toast your friends, toast their futures, toast their sheep, toast their
cars. Sixth, drink! Drink it all! Now chase it with a zakuska and repeat
until you either can't see the bottle or it is empty!"

Sounds like an absolute hoot! Have fun.

But not Absolut I'm sure :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
On 24/09/2017 16:19, ARW wrote:
[...]

Mind that you don't fall off your silly bicycle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2017 18:23, PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:35:51 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

Mind
you we are flying with Aeroflot...

Are you sure about the "flying" bit?

It's the landing that should concern you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
On 24/09/2017 16:19, ARW wrote:
[...]

Or crashing with Aeroflot, anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyz...airline_status

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/09/2017 17:35, Muddymike wrote:

Mind you we are flying with Aeroflot...

You told your travel insurance!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Looks to be desperately poor on Google Earth/streetview.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2017 16:30, harry wrote:
[...]

They kept that quite.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
news
[...]

He said he was flying there and back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 11:12:36 UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
... toast their sheep

I don't think my toaster's big enough.