Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spares

When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two
interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the
builders to leave a couple of spares.

I've never needed them, but today I'm going to shift the position of the
soil vent-pipe and reduce it from 110mm to 82mm pipe, to create some
extra wriggle room when re-doing the bathroom. I have a new zinc/rubber
'weathering slate' and hopefully I can do this without damaging any
tiles, but thought I'd get the spares out just in case ...

.... only to find they're not the same type of tile as on my roof anyway,
just some junk left behind by the previous owner!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two interlocking
concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the builders to leave a
couple of spares.

I've never needed them, but today I'm going to shift the position of the
soil vent-pipe and reduce it from 110mm to 82mm pipe, to create some extra
wriggle room when re-doing the bathroom. I have a new zinc/rubber
'weathering slate' and hopefully I can do this without damaging any tiles,
but thought I'd get the spares out just in case ...

... only to find they're not the same type of tile as on my roof anyway,
just some junk left behind by the previous owner!

I have had a load of tiles and facing brick in the loft for 21 years...best
leaving tiles outside though outside so they can weather.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or else they had the roof redone with different tiles. That tends to look
daft in a street with all the other houses the same of course!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two interlocking
concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the builders to leave a
couple of spares.

I've never needed them, but today I'm going to shift the position of the
soil vent-pipe and reduce it from 110mm to 82mm pipe, to create some extra
wriggle room when re-doing the bathroom. I have a new zinc/rubber
'weathering slate' and hopefully I can do this without damaging any tiles,
but thought I'd get the spares out just in case ...

... only to find they're not the same type of tile as on my roof anyway,
just some junk left behind by the previous owner!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two
interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the
builders to leave a couple of spares.

..
..
..
... only to find they're not the same type of tile as on my roof anyway,
just some junk left behind by the previous owner!

Before a continental car trip many years ago, I made sure that my
kit of bits included a spare fan belt. Some time later, back
home, I decided that it was probably time to fit it, only to
discover that I had been sold the wrong one. :-(

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 09:40:25 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

When I moved into this house in 1990, I found in the loft two
interlocking concrete tiles, and thought what a good idea for the
builders to leave a couple of spares.

At my last house, left 19 years ago, there were spare tiles, and ridge
tiles, in the garage. The window cleaner, ex builder, who installed
them to repair storm damage just before I left said that on some
contracts they would be told to leave spares.

Bosch dishwasher spares Wainscotting UK diy 6 February 29th 04 12:24 PM
Good comprehensive supplier of spares, cheap? Z UK diy 0 February 20th 04 05:04 PM
Spares for a Heatstore night storage heater? Joe Lee UK diy 1 November 2nd 03 05:06 AM
Baumatic Spares Sean Delere UK diy 2 October 26th 03 03:35 PM
Canon CD2 gas cooker spares?? Steven Pilbeam UK diy 0 July 20th 03 03:02 PM