Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Travellers

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Robin
wrote:

On 22/08/2017 09:44, Tim Lamb wrote:
All this at cost to the owner of the land. The Police show interest
but are impartial. In our case there was an opportunity to prosecute
for criminal damage to the roadside field gate but dropped because
there were no independent witnesses.

Witnesses? Anyone wd have to be bold and courageous to stand witness.
Shopkeepers etc in Cromer may have lost a lot of money in stolen stock
and lost business but that's better than being burnt down/beaten up.
So I don't see any real change until it made criminal trespass from
the entry onto the land. Even then the police would face a nightmare.
A Met sergeant told me 15 or so years what the risk assessment for a
arrest/search warrants on an unlawful site with 20 or so vans called
for. And that he'd love to put a dozen campaigners for travellers'
rights in the front line.

As someone in our old village put it when referring to Smithy Fen: you
need to go in mob-handed.

Nah. Just hire a few Kosovan Albanians. They'll cut their balls off and
feed them to their wives for a couple of hundred quid.
--
bert

Travellers fred[_8_] UK diy 4 August 22nd 17 05:45 PM
Travellers Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 1 August 22nd 17 02:52 PM
Travellers Tim Watts[_3_] UK diy 4 August 22nd 17 02:13 PM
Travellers [email protected] UK diy 0 August 22nd 17 12:30 PM
Tip for travellers Capitol UK diy 17 November 15th 14 08:30 AM