Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Velcro sanding discs.

I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular
B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and
they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the
Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular
B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and
they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the
Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

Not having tried the TS ones or the Lidl machine I can't answer the
specific question.

However thought it might be worth noting that Mirka do some "pad saver"
interface pads for their sanders. These are thin[1] pads with velcro on
both sides, designed to sit between paper and the real backing pad.

Ideal for getting a good grip and extending the life of the backing pad
- if you damage the hook side of the interface pad, its sacrificial, and
only costs a few quid to replace. (For the small delta sanders you could
probably cut a number out of a 6" round interface pad - although they do
delta versions as well).

http://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-pad...to=nto-st-pp-1

http://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-pad...to=nto-st-pp-2

[1] They also do a padded version design for curve and contour sanding.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular
B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and
they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the
Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

I have used my Lidl one extensively but only with Lidl disks. I have yet
to have one fall off.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular
B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and
they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the
Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

I have used my Lidl one extensively but only with Lidl disks. I have yet
to have one fall off.

Yes - I'm guessing the TS one are rubbish. Just wondered if anyone else
could confirm this.

--
*The statement above is false

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular
B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and
they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the
Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

I have used my Lidl one extensively but only with Lidl disks. I have yet
to have one fall off.

Yes - I'm guessing the TS one are rubbish. Just wondered if anyone else
could confirm this.

Why not trim one of the TS ones to size, attach that to the Fein and
see how it performs ?

Although all hook and loop systems appear to be identical, when matching
pairs from different systems there may be subtle differences in the
distribution and density of the hooks and loops and their sizes.

michael adams