Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corbyn turn around on student debt

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Sam is offline

On 24/07/2017 18:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Not to hear a number of comments on 'phone-in shows. The student reps
think the sun shines out of his ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

lol

Jesus?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sam" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 24/07/2017 18:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/
There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Not to hear a number of comments on 'phone-in shows. The student reps
think the sun shines out of his ...

it's the political dead period

they will be no interviews for weeks

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

But of course why worry about what a government does when you can have a
go at the opposition? You've obviously learnt this works from Trump.

--
*Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

At least the Torys were forced by the result to drop many manifesto
pledges. Labour seem to be promising things, then dropping them as soon
as the cost is questioned.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

But of course why worry about what a government does when you can have a
go at the opposition? You've obviously learnt this works from Trump.

Obviously May took the advice of some clueless ****wit.
Heaven knows why, shirley some other person should have warned her that she
was on a suicide course.
Never mind, these clueless ****wits will get adequately compensated. That's
what it's all about after all, money.
Principles? You must be ****ing joking.
Even *I* (anyone) could have produced a better manifesto.
Come in Steptoe, lets take advantage of the situation. We'll talk ********,
any ********, it's better than the Tories, and it surely was.
We'll tell the kids that they need not pay any University fees, we'll
wriggle out of it later.
The complete process is corrupt. Pity the kids can't see it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

I find it odd that people seem to just believe what they want to be true.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

********,
any ********, it's better than the Tories, and it surely was.
We'll tell the kids that they need not pay any University fees, we'll
wriggle out of it later.
The complete process is corrupt. Pity the kids can't see it.

I find it odd that people seem to just believe what they want to be true.

It's called progress, the secondary school morons are taught all about this
****, aren't they?
LMFAO.
What was WWI and WWII?
Was that when they didn't have VR?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

On 24/07/17 18:26, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/
There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

The ex didn't sport a Brazilian?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

Big business in just that scenario. Think churches, mosques, synagogues,
temples...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/17 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

lol

Jesus?

no evidence he was bearded

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well he did not promise. He as far as I recall, said that he could sort it
for new students. I mean that was what I thought I heard.
He could also change the level of income needed to make people have to pay
it back as well. but in this world, in the end, if you spend money, its got
to come from somewhere.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Last time a government anything like current Labour was in power was
late 1970's. Those old enough to have direct memory of how that worked
at the time, and what inflation well over 10% looks like, will be at
least aged 60 now. Eventually you get to the point where enough voters
haven't experienced it for the country to try it again - we're probably
very close now.

In the late 1970s, it was the unions who eventually threw Labour out,
when Labour ran out of money to pay public sector workers, with
inflation running at over 12%.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Last time a government anything like current Labour was in power was
late 1970's. Those old enough to have direct memory of how that worked
at the time, and what inflation well over 10% looks like, will be at
least aged 60 now.

I remember 1979 very well. I left an employer who provided staff
mortgages fixed at 3%, and found myself suddenly paying 15%. 1979 was
the year base rate hit 17%. Amazing to think there are youngsters now
who have only known a base rate of 0.5%, for the last 8 years.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.

lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east 2000
years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/17 08:51, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Last time a government anything like current Labour was in power was
late 1970's. Those old enough to have direct memory of how that worked
at the time, and what inflation well over 10% looks like, will be at
least aged 60 now.

late 40s - I can remember all of that...

Eventually you get to the point where enough voters
haven't experienced it for the country to try it again - we're probably
very close now.

In the late 1970s, it was the unions who eventually threw Labour out,
when Labour ran out of money to pay public sector workers, with
inflation running at over 12%.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 17:25:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

We'll tell the kids that they need not pay any University fees,

we'll
wriggle out of it later.
The complete process is corrupt. Pity the kids can't see it.

I find it odd that people seem to just believe what they want to be
true.

They just read and believe the headline, they don't bother reading
the story. Which will carry the bias of which ever rag they are
reading.

I don't think Labour ever said they would write off existing Student
Loans only that they would "look for ways" of doing so. They might
fiddle with the current system, which wasn't broken until some smart
arse allowed the fees to rise and changed the Maintenance element
from a grant to loan, that instantly adds £25290 to the £27750 Fees
loan (17-18 academic year), making £53040+ for the average 3 year
course outside London.

That level of loan just isn't going to get paid back, even before the
Maintenance Grant was added only about 1/3 of the loans where paid
off, that's going to drop even lower making the debt far less
attractive for investors. Mind you with interest whilst studying and
util the April after you finish of RPI + 3%, then RPI (income below
21k) to RPI + 3% (Income 41k) perhaps paying off the loan isn't
important.

Say a graduate has income of £25k, they'll pay back 9% of 25 - 21 =
£360. RPI at 2% gives interest of £1060 on £53k... At 41k income they
pay back £1800 but the interest is now 5% = £2650. A graduate has to
earn over £50k just to pay the interest. Simplistically add another
£20k to a graduates income to pay back the "capital" inside the 30
year write off period.

How many graduates will start on £70k, indeed how many will get to
£70k in 30 years...

The maths just add up, either I've got something wrong or economics
are even weirder than I think they are.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2017 00:12, Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

At least the Torys were forced by the result to drop many manifesto
pledges. Labour seem to be promising things, then dropping them as soon
as the cost is questioned.

I think you meant to say "as soon as a 10 year old goes over Dianne
Abbott's calculations".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

At least the Torys were forced by the result to drop many manifesto
pledges. Labour seem to be promising things, then dropping them as soon
as the cost is questioned.

Ah - right. A government, with all the resources of the civil service
behind them, can't actually produce a manifesto which is viable. But you
expect the opposition to stick to theirs to the letter (as you interpret
that letter)

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Last time a government anything like current Labour was in power was
late 1970's. Those old enough to have direct memory of how that worked
at the time, and what inflation well over 10% looks like, will be at
least aged 60 now. Eventually you get to the point where enough voters
haven't experienced it for the country to try it again - we're probably
very close now.

And oddly, on a pretty modest salary, managed to buy the house I'm living
in now. With no help from parents or anyone.

In the late 1970s, it was the unions who eventually threw Labour out,
when Labour ran out of money to pay public sector workers, with
inflation running at over 12%.

Far better today, then. Buying a house impossible for many, Rents sky
high. And lots and lots of jobs around with zero security or prospects.
Just what the Tories wanted.

--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield writes:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

Last time a government anything like current Labour was in power was
late 1970's. Those old enough to have direct memory of how that worked
at the time, and what inflation well over 10% looks like, will be at
least aged 60 now.

late 40s - I can remember all of that...

yup, same here.

(observing even if not participating)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup has brought this to us :
You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

Where there any reports of Corbyn doing a trick with bread and fish?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

soup wrote:
On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

Initials J.C. ----- check
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2017 11:06, soup wrote:
On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.

You missed the "Everyone under 20 and/or with an IQ 70 thinks that he
is God - check"

Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
[...]

Rents/house prices are still very affordable if you move away from
London/south of England.

And lots and lots of jobs around with zero security or prospects.

From my experience, if you are skilled, work hard and are good at what
you do then you are very rarely out of a job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

At least the Torys were forced by the result to drop many manifesto
pledges. Labour seem to be promising things, then dropping them as
soon as the cost is questioned.

I think you meant to say "as soon as a 10 year old goes over Dianne
Abbott's calculations".

That would be a state educated 10 year old.

In private school, that would be a 5 year old.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/17 11:06, soup wrote:
On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

THEY EVEN HAVE THE SAME INITIALS.

I wish he would try walking on water from dover to calais though.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/17 11:06, soup wrote:
On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.
Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

THEY EVEN HAVE THE SAME INITIALS.

I wish he would try walking on water from dover to calais though.

Starting in the middle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

I take it then Tory voters are very happy virtually the entire Tory
manifesto was dropped after their 'victory'?

At least the Torys were forced by the result to drop many manifesto
pledges. Labour seem to be promising things, then dropping them as soon
as the cost is questioned.

Ah - right. A government, with all the resources of the civil service
behind them, can't actually produce a manifesto which is viable.

but it (the Tory manifesto) was viable

it was just not the political consensus.

The policies aren't being dropped because there is no money to pay for them.

They are being dropped because, without a natural majority, they lack the
backing of Parliament

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
[...]

you have to be careful with that statistic

only a third of loans are *fully* paid off

that doesn't meant that only a third of the total lent is paid off

And with the (foolish) rise in interest rates to 6%, it could be that for a
large percentage of loans all the principal will be paid, but not all of the
interest. A lower interest rate would solve that.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"soup" wrote in message
news
On 25/07/2017 09:30, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup formulated on Tuesday :
On 24/07/2017 21:21, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher submitted this idea :
teach em never to trust a **** with a beard.
lol
Jesus?

Especially him.
If there was a chappy called "Jesus" wandering about the middle east
2000 years ago he was talking ********.

Maybe Corbyn in a previous life?

You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

and you never see them in the same room together

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 24 July 2017 18:26:20 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/23/jeremy...-debt-6799943/

There will be some very disappointed young Labour voters :-)

They (the metro) got it wrong that is not what he said.

I saw what he did say via a friend from FB last night, he;d said he;d refund all 2017-2018 fee, and would lok at what could be done with present debts either by lowering teh intereest rate or increasing teh loan time i.e longer payback time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2017 12:03, JoeJoe wrote:

And lots and lots of jobs around with zero security or prospects.

Also what many seem to fail to grasp is that if you legislate away the
ability to have "gig economy" type jobs, then the jobs don't suddenly
become more secure contracts of employment, they just vanish altogether
as the business models become non-viable.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 08:36:18 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well he did not promise. He as far as I recall, said that he could sort it
for new students.

Yes you heard right for NEW students. That's 2017-2018
not those new since the other JC was nailed to a cross.

I mean that was what I thought I heard.

You were correct because some use vision to deceive others.

He could also change the level of income needed to make people have to pay
it back as well. but in this world, in the end, if you spend money, its got
to come from somewhere.

Lowering teh intrest rates on loans would only lower the profits of those lending 6.1% is quite high I'd have thought, it should be linked to bank lending rates, rather than how much profit a loan company wants to make.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 11:56:54 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
soup has brought this to us :
You could be on to something .
Beard ----------------- check
Talks ******** -------- check
Thinks he's god --------Check.
Yup definitely,of to do research on the Jesus-Corbyn connection.

Where there any reports of Corbyn doing a trick with bread and fish?

Last time I tried a trick like that I got arrested for indecency ;-)

of course there's those that have met Jesus some have seen paintings of him, others have seen photos of him and some have seen him in 3d HD surround sound.

But does anyone really know what Jesus really looked like ?
is it realy likely that someone with white skin and blue eyes be born in Bethlehem ?

Corbyn's poll ratings soar. bm[_2_] UK diy 32 July 23rd 16 11:03 AM
Corbyn emissions linked to terrorism The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 1 November 30th 15 12:57 PM
OT Corbyn drivel Lee UK diy 177 October 2nd 15 04:44 PM
The next US bubble is bursting as we speak - student debt Gabe Kotter Home Repair 25 December 2nd 12 05:24 AM
The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act and Debt Cancellation Ablang Home Ownership 3 March 13th 10 03:37 PM