Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If you do your own trappin'........

The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

https://trapbarn.com/

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

*********

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

We could do with a good spam trap here.
Maybe you could help?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 July 2017 17:04:57 UTC+1, Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional

I wouldn't quite go that far. There appears to be no compliance with various EU consumer directives and UK companies law about the display of contact information and the proprietor's legal name and status.

And it appears to be written in Comic Sans.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I wouldn't quite go that far. There appears to be no compliance with various EU consumer directives and UK companies law about the display of contact information and the proprietor's legal name and status.

And it appears to be written in Comic Sans.

Owain

So do all you guys call in a pest control contrctor when you have a rat or squirrel problem. This is a DIY forum or am I dreaming?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/17 17:04, Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

https://trapbarn.com/

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

You don't ship to the UK.

So why are you spamming a UK newsgroup?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 July 2017 17:04:57 UTC+1, Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

https://trapbarn.com/

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

No address or phone number?
Nobody will be buying.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 July 2017 19:31:33 UTC+1, Bazza wrote:

I wouldn't quite go that far. There appears to be no compliance with various EU consumer directives and UK companies law about the display of contact information and the proprietor's legal name and status.

And it appears to be written in Comic Sans.

Owain

So do all you guys call in a pest control contrctor when you have a rat or squirrel problem.

I doubt any of us do

This is a DIY forum or am I dreaming?

both.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/2017 19:44, Tim Watts wrote:
On 21/07/17 17:04, Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have
issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all
purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

https://trapbarn.com/

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly
competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are
intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with
the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time
goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

You don't ship to the UK.

Contrary to expectations created by the name and style of spamming, it
does at least appear to be a UK site...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 21/07/17 17:04, Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

https://trapbarn.com/

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

You don't ship to the UK.

So why are you spamming a UK newsgroup?

:-D
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I thought so as well.
Actually, I was wondering what he thought everyone was into trapping?
Maybe its slightly illegal in the UK? as far as I'm aware only certain
animals can be legally trapped and one has to make sure that other animals
which are protected do not get the same treatment if the trap is designed to
injur or kill the animal.
Seems most strange so how would one find this bloke anyway?
Seems a lot of trouble to go to and not actually put full details on the
post? Does he know about the leegalities? Seems not from the rest of the
replies here. He could be shooting himself in the foot.

He used Google to post it by the header. Suppose that means that any
complaints will be pointless.
When I first saw it I imagined it was a usa guy who had not sussed what the
uk in the groups meant. One of those gun totting rednecks who buys unsafe
guns as he cannot work the technology on the new ones to make them shoot
anything
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
Bazza wrote:
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued
a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more
than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap.

The code is exp30July

*********

As we are just starting out we have set our prices at fiercly competitive
prices - and that's before the discount is applied. We are intent on
building a solid customer base and will reward buyers with the best
prices and special offers from time to time.

OK, we have a limited range at present but this will develop as time goes
on. Meanwhile enjoy the deals!

We could do with a good spam trap here.
Maybe you could help?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21-Jul-17 7:31 PM, Bazza wrote:

I wouldn't quite go that far. There appears to be no compliance with various EU consumer directives and UK companies law about the display of contact information and the proprietor's legal name and status.

And it appears to be written in Comic Sans.

Owain

So do all you guys call in a pest control contrctor when you have a rat or squirrel problem. This is a DIY forum or am I dreaming?

How is that relevant to the point being made, that your web site does
not meet the statutory requirements for online sales?

If nothing else, it makes people much less likely to buy from you if the
required information is not clearly displayed. Also a lot of people
would take exception to a returns policy that claims that the buyer's
statutory rights are not affected, but then tries to apply rules that
would reduce them.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/07/17 00:14, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/07/2017 19:44, Tim Watts wrote:
You don't ship to the UK.

Contrary to expectations created by the name and style of spamming, it
does at least appear to be a UK site...

The poster has spammed this here before ...

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/170446

--
Adrian C