Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default White deposit in non stick saucepan

I have borrowed a couple of non stick saucepans sadly they have
developed a white deposit in the bottom. As we Live in a hard water area
I assume it is Calcium. Can I treat it with a descaler without damaging
the non stick element?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 16:46:51 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have borrowed a couple of non stick saucepans sadly they have
developed a white deposit in the bottom. As we Live in a hard water area
I assume it is Calcium. Can I treat it with a descaler without damaging
the non stick element?

You could try a drop vinegar wiped around with some kitchen roll
first, some people also add some baking soda.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used to use a weak vinigar solution on this stuff. What you don't want to
do is scrub it as its abrasive.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Broadback" wrote in message
news
I have borrowed a couple of non stick saucepans sadly they have developed a
white deposit in the bottom. As we Live in a hard water area I assume it is
Calcium. Can I treat it with a descaler without damaging the non stick
element?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
I have borrowed a couple of non stick saucepans sadly they have developed a white
deposit in the bottom. As we Live in a hard water area I assume it is Calcium. Can I
treat it with a descaler without damaging the non stick element?

For a 20cm saucepan

Usually, three teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda in about a pint of water
brought to the boil and allowed to simmer will clean up almost any
deposit from the bottom of non stick pans. To the extent that you can
wipe them clean with a J cloth.

They need to be watched when simmering although even if you're
a bit late the b.o.s won;t have evaporated away and you can just
top up the water,

michael adams