Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch pm190 Multitool just packed in...

jim wrote:

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

No smoke, no drama, no warning just stopped whilst plunge cutting.

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I've googled & searched the group (via Google groups) but not
found ought yet.

All assistance gratefully received.

TIA

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:
No smoke, no drama, no warning just stopped whilst plunge cutting.

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I've googled & searched the group (via Google groups) but not
found ought yet.

All assistance gratefully received.

TIA

I had one delta sander (very similar construction to the multi-tool
where the vibration had broken the the mains wire just were it connects
to the PCB. Another one the diac ( small glass diode like item) had
failed. Put in a new one and it has been fine ever since.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Andy Burns wrote:

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

Cheers Andy
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2017 21:26, jim wrote:
No smoke, no drama, no warning just stopped whilst plunge cutting.

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

Mine did that a while ago but the switch was fine.

I don't know if the Bosch repair system has changed since then but when
I contacted them they arranged to collect it for a free estimate, if the
repair cost would be more than I wanted to pay then there would be no
charge unless I wanted the dead unit returning in which case I'd have to
pay the delivery cost.

Although it was already out of warranty they sent me a replacement free
of charge. So it might be worthwhile you contacting Bosch service
department.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

On 11/07/2017 21:33, Andy Burns wrote:
jim wrote:

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

It was, but IIRC it was the same one twice. Since then the replacement
did the same after a few years. Upgraded to a Worx.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

It was, but IIRC it was the same one twice. Since then the replacement
did the same after a few years. Upgraded to a Worx.

One of my lads uses Worx kit, it seems to be pretty tough.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim wrote:

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

It was, but IIRC it was the same one twice. Since then the replacement
did the same after a few years. Upgraded to a Worx.

Ta Dave.
Saw some stuff about motor winding wires being shaken loose so
will have a look when I get a tuit. I'm no electronics guru &
never got much assistance on here when I wanted to have a go, so
it'll likely go in the bin :-)

I bought a new Saxton one from Amazon 49 quid delivered next day
plus a few attachments & placcy case. Fingers crossed!

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim wrote:

Was there a thread on here in the past about this being to.do with
switches?

I think it was TMH who had two of them die due to switches ...

It was, but IIRC it was the same one twice. Since then the replacement
did the same after a few years. Upgraded to a Worx.

Ta Dave.
Saw some stuff about motor winding wires being shaken loose so
will have a look when I get a tuit. I'm no electronics guru &
never got much assistance on here when I wanted to have a go, so
it'll likely go in the bin :-)

I bought a new Saxton one from Amazon 49 quid delivered next day
plus a few attachments & placcy case. Fingers crossed!

Fixed it!
One motor field? winding wire had come adrift.? Vibration? Just
like the googled fixit link said.

Soldered back on (after a
faff with wire lacquer) working like normal.
( new Saxton carried as reserve now)

Well pleased :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Fixed it! One motor field? winding wire had come adrift.? Vibration?
Just like the googled fixit link said.

Soldered back on (after a faff with wire lacquer) working like
normal.

Dribble some araldite over it to provide support?