Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ok Dave (and others) - what's this (genuine question)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200 recorder.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200

you can read that?

recorder.

and you have to know it's a recorder

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've ever
seen one of those.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)
Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200

http://tinyurl.com/y9tpernw

you can read that?

Easy enough if you blow it up.

I don't need to, I can just look at the much larger original :-)

But it's not "easy", it's written using a strange script.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've ever
seen one of those.

It's Eastern European

I was hoping that someone would be able to narrow that down

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've ever
seen one of those.

It's Eastern European

I was hoping that someone would be able to narrow that down

tim

Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1e_RsE1cxQ

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've ever
seen one of those.

It's Eastern European

I was hoping that someone would be able to narrow that down

I Googled it and found that sort of thing. It's probably a very run of the
mill machine. Makes like Studer sold internationally are easier to find
details of. That's not to say it isn't a competent design.

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:59:23 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..

news tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)
Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200

http://tinyurl.com/y9tpernw

you can read that?

Easy enough if you blow it up.

I don't need to, I can just look at the much larger original :-)

But it's not "easy", it's written using a strange script.

tim

STM-200 is pretty clear.

And that e-bay link I put up says it's Hungarian. "Mechlabor STM-200-b
professional studio Reel-to-Reel tape recorder MONO 19/38 cm/s in
perfect visual and working condition....It was the property of Magyar
Rádió (Hungarian Radio Broadcasting) as seen on certificate on the
front. Made in Hungary at Mechlabor Pécs"

the one that I found was Bulgarian. I assumed that was the previous owner
rather than the manufacturer

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...posted-public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)

A pro tape machine of some sort. Looks like a 1/4".

There were loads of makers of such things at one time. Can't say I've
ever
seen one of those.

It's Eastern European

I was hoping that someone would be able to narrow that down

I Googled it and found that sort of thing. It's probably a very run of the
mill machine. Makes like Studer sold internationally are easier to find
details of. That's not to say it isn't a competent design.

As it's in this E European museum (as a general exhibit of tat, not in a
themed location)

I assumed that it was from the communist era and that importation of ROW
devices was not available

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Chris Hogg
scribeth thus

tim... wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156191...in/dateposted-

public/

(on display in a museum, with no indications of what it was - in any
language)
Is your google broken Tim?

try a search for STM 200

http://tinyurl.com/y9tpernw

you can read that?

Easy enough if you blow it up.

recorder.

and you have to know it's a recorder

He obviously does!

Thought I'd seen most all makes of tape machine but never that one!..
--
Tony Sayer