Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing a fan light.

I'm replacing the fanlight above the front door with new frosted glass
with the house number engraved on it.

Suggestions on how to remove the old glass safely. I'm not an experience
glazier.

The obvious way is to just smash it out - but am concerned with damage to
surrounding things by the falling glass.

Use wallpaper glue and and glue newspaper to both sides of the glass.
Allow glue to dry and use the hammer method.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
I'm replacing the fanlight above the front door with new frosted glass
with the house number engraved on it.

Suggestions on how to remove the old glass safely. I'm not an experience
glazier.

The obvious way is to just smash it out - but am concerned with damage to
surrounding things by the falling glass.

Use wallpaper glue and and glue newspaper to both sides of the glass.
Allow glue to dry and use the hammer method.

Thanks - but even I get a job done in a week or so. ;-)

The parcel tape method is probably easier, and you don't have to wait for
paste to dry.

--
*On the seventh day He brewed beer *

Dave Plowman London SW