Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ATTN: Rod Speed - speed limits in Australia

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've been informed that the cops in Australia are ****s

Some certainly are, but not a couple I know very well personally.

and you can't speed anywhere,

That's mindlessly silly.

but you told me you drive fast all the time.

Yes, except where I expect a cop to be lurking.

How is this possible?

Where I live there are no fixed speed cameras, just cops in
cop cars, both mobile and parked up waiting to book people.
It isnt hard to get used to where they lurk and on the garage
sale run which is where I tear around the most, we warn each
other using our mobiles where the cops have been seen lurking
on a particular day. It's a very rare garage sale run that we don't
ever see a cop car and quite often see them writing a ticket for
someone. Twice in the one place a couple of weekends ago.

But there are some unmarked cop cars too so it isnt hard to get caught.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 May 2017 02:16:10 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've been informed that the cops in Australia are ****s

Some certainly are, but not a couple I know very well personally.

It helps to know them all. Works for me too I usually get let off. "Oh it's you sir!"

and you can't speed anywhere,

That's mindlessly silly.

but you told me you drive fast all the time.

Yes, except where I expect a cop to be lurking.

How is this possible?

Where I live there are no fixed speed cameras, just cops in
cop cars, both mobile and parked up waiting to book people.
It isnt hard to get used to where they lurk and on the garage
sale run which is where I tear around the most, we warn each
other using our mobiles where the cops have been seen lurking
on a particular day.

There's a database on pocketgpsworld that lets my satnav know where all those mobile and fixed spots are. I think they have almost every country on it.

We only have the odd one of those and you can usually spot them behaving oddly. I saw one matching his speed with everyone on the motorway, then he pulled off it. I sped up and the ******* came back on again and caught up with me doing 95 in a 70. He was quite proud of outsmarting me and let me off. He said it's ok to go 95 in a Merc like his but not in a 4x4 like mine :-) I asked for that in writing but he refused.

--
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've been informed that the cops in Australia are ****s

Some certainly are, but not a couple I know very well personally.

It helps to know them all.

Not possible here, ours is state based and they use this place
as one of the places they send those still with training wheels.

Works for me too I usually get let off. "Oh it's you sir!"

Never had the same one twice in a row.

and you can't speed anywhere,

That's mindlessly silly.

but you told me you drive fast all the time.

Yes, except where I expect a cop to be lurking.

How is this possible?

Where I live there are no fixed speed cameras, just cops in
cop cars, both mobile and parked up waiting to book people.
It isnt hard to get used to where they lurk and on the garage
sale run which is where I tear around the most, we warn each
other using our mobiles where the cops have been seen lurking
on a particular day.

There's a database on pocketgpsworld that lets my satnav
know where all those mobile and fixed spots are. I think
they have almost every country on it.

Sure, but there arent any of them here.

It's a very rare garage sale run that we don't
ever see a cop car and quite often see them writing a ticket for
someone. Twice in the one place a couple of weekends ago.

But there are some unmarked cop cars too so it isnt hard to get caught.

We only have the odd one of those

They arent at all common here either.

and you can usually spot them behaving oddly.

Nothing odd about watching one turn his red and
blue lights on, get someone to do a breath test etc.

I saw one matching his speed with everyone
on the motorway, then he pulled off it. I
sped up and the ******* came back on again
and caught up with me doing 95 in a 70.

Ours don't do it like that.

He was quite proud of outsmarting me and let
me off. He said it's ok to go 95 in a Merc like his

Ours don't get to drive anything like that.

but not in a 4x4 like mine :-) I asked
for that in writing but he refused.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:50:02 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

It's got the mobile places too, which you said you have. If they're anything like our cops, they pick favourite locations.

Before ****wits had DRLs on their cars, you could tell a cop as he was the only one with his headlights on during the day.

I saw one matching his speed with everyone
on the motorway, then he pulled off it. I
sped up and the ******* came back on again
and caught up with me doing 95 in a 70.

Ours don't do it like that.

He was quite proud of outsmarting me and let
me off. He said it's ok to go 95 in a Merc like his

Ours don't get to drive anything like that.

but not in a 4x4 like mine :-) I asked
for that in writing but he refused.

What do yours do then?

--
My penis is 12 inches long, but I don't use it as a rule.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 May 2017 11:16:10 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've been informed that the cops in Australia are ****s

Some certainly are, but not a couple I know very well personally.

and you can't speed anywhere,

That's mindlessly silly.

but you told me you drive fast all the time.

Yes, except where I expect a cop to be lurking.

How is this possible?

Where I live there are no fixed speed cameras, just cops in
cop cars, both mobile and parked up waiting to book people.
It isnt hard to get used to where they lurk and on the garage
sale run which is where I tear around the most, we warn each
other using our mobiles where the cops have been seen lurking
on a particular day.

And any children, pensioners or dogs that get killed are expendible.

With a bit of luck you might get run over by a speeding vehicle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Only 4% of accidents are caused by speeding. FOUR. Stop being so ignorant. Accidents are caused by being a **** driver or not paying attention. Nothing whatsoever to do with speed, in fact the faster youfgo the more attention you pay to your surroundings. I find myself getting bored and inattentive when stuck at the limit by the ****wit in front of me. Speed is just an easy thing for the pigs to measure. It can be given a numerical value. It saves them having to use their brains to work out if someone is driving dangerously.

--
The probability that a given thread has degenerated into a ****ing contest is directly proportional to its number of replies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
Only 4% of accidents are caused by speeding. FOUR. Stop being so
ignorant. Accidents are caused by being a **** driver or not paying
attention. Nothing whatsoever to do with speed, in fact the faster youfgo
the more attention you pay to your surroundings. I find myself getting
bored and inattentive when stuck at the limit by the ****wit in front of
me. Speed is just an easy thing for the pigs to measure. It can be given
a numerical value. It saves them having to use their brains to work out
if someone is driving dangerously.

And speed limits are not applied consistently. There are some roads with
houses that front directly onto the street (ie no front garden) which have a
40 limit, while there are other streets which carry a 30 or even 20 limit,
even though they are just as wide and straight, have just as many side
turnings but have open-sided lawns (ie no hedges or fences that could hide a
child) in front of them.

The biggest problem is with temporary road-works speed limits which are
present even when the work has been cleared away over a bank holiday (so
there are no narrow lanes to require a speed limit) or else the limit
continues on the exit side of the roadworks to the same point that it begins
on the opposite side of the road: it's necessary to slow approaching traffic
because of narrow lanes, traffic lights, protecting road workers, but
there's no need to prevent exiting traffic from going back to the normal
limit as soon as it has got past the works. Is there something in road
traffic law which doesn't allow different speed limits on different sides of
the road, even when it's dual carriageway with a barrier down the centre?

Smart motorways are another area that bring speed limits into disrepute. I
have driven on the M42 on the south-east of Birimingham at 11 pm when there
have been virtually no other cars around (and no roadworks or broken down
cars) and the gantry signs have been displaying 50 or even 40; conversely
I've driven on the same route during the daytime in dense traffic where
everyone is following too closely, and the limit has only been reduced to
60. Work that one out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In fact the last time I recall a person (with 2 dogs) being almost run over was by a ****wit taxi driver who indicated left (he'd left it on - how can you do that when they self cancel?!), then went straight on, while the woman was crossing and assumed he was turning off. I stopped and yelled abuse at him, but he just laughed. Pity my car camera was facing the wrong way or I would have reported him for almost killing one woman and two dogs.

--
Lord of the undone flies - the island of reluctant but inevitable homosexuality.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:23:42 +0100, NY wrote:

[...]

I ignore all limits and drive at the speed relevant to how far I can see ahead. Paying attention to speed limits means you're paying less attention to what's in front of you.

The biggest problem is with temporary road-works speed limits which are
present even when the work has been cleared away over a bank holiday (so
there are no narrow lanes to require a speed limit) or else the limit
continues on the exit side of the roadworks to the same point that it begins
on the opposite side of the road: it's necessary to slow approaching traffic
because of narrow lanes, traffic lights, protecting road workers, but
there's no need to prevent exiting traffic from going back to the normal
limit as soon as it has got past the works. Is there something in road
traffic law which doesn't allow different speed limits on different sides of
the road, even when it's dual carriageway with a barrier down the centre?

Are we actually obliged to obey a roadworks limit when there are no workers present?

And do the red lights on roadworks actually count as an offence? I mean if it's just two way trafffic and no junction, there's no harm in a few extra cars going through on red and following the queue. The other side won't start moving until they're clear.

Smart motorways are another area that bring speed limits into disrepute. I
have driven on the M42 on the south-east of Birimingham at 11 pm when there
have been virtually no other cars around (and no roadworks or broken down
cars) and the gantry signs have been displaying 50 or even 40; conversely
I've driven on the same route during the daytime in dense traffic where
everyone is following too closely, and the limit has only been reduced to
60. Work that one out.

The fools that run the smart motorways claim that slowing cars down increases throughput.

--
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. (Rev. Larry Lorenzoni)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No it doesn't.

which you said you have.

I said that cops lurk in their cars, stopped, and more often
just drive around with their speed cameras going and turn
their lights on to get to you to stop and get booked.

If they're anything like our cops, they pick favourite locations.

Ours do it while moving much more
than when stopped, for that reason.

And have random breath and drug tests where they
pull over everyone who goes past and get them to
count to 10 with the breath tester held in front of
your mouth, and ask to see your license half the time.

It's a very rare garage sale run that we don't
ever see a cop car and quite often see them writing a ticket for
someone. Twice in the one place a couple of weekends ago.

But there are some unmarked cop cars too so it isnt hard to get caught.

We only have the odd one of those

They arent at all common here either.

and you can usually spot them behaving oddly.

Nothing odd about watching one turn his red and
blue lights on, get someone to do a breath test etc.

Before ****wits had DRLs on their cars, you could tell a cop as he was the
only one with his headlights on during the day.

Ours arent that stupid.

I saw one matching his speed with everyone
on the motorway, then he pulled off it. I
sped up and the ******* came back on again
and caught up with me doing 95 in a 70.

Ours don't do it like that.

He was quite proud of outsmarting me and let
me off. He said it's ok to go 95 in a Merc like his

Ours don't get to drive anything like that.

but not in a 4x4 like mine :-) I asked
for that in writing but he refused.

What do yours do then?

Drive normal cars.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote

I've been informed that the cops in Australia are ****s

Some certainly are, but not a couple I know very well personally.

and you can't speed anywhere,

That's mindlessly silly.

but you told me you drive fast all the time.

Yes, except where I expect a cop to be lurking.

How is this possible?

Where I live there are no fixed speed cameras, just cops in
cop cars, both mobile and parked up waiting to book people.
It isnt hard to get used to where they lurk and on the garage
sale run which is where I tear around the most, we warn each
other using our mobiles where the cops have been seen lurking
on a particular day.

And any children, pensioners or dogs that get killed are expendible.

I never drive at an unsafe speed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Where is The Peeler when you really need him?