Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Default OT/Nostalgia: BBC Micro, homebuilt hacks

I thought my own rig with mods was hacky, but this fellow took it to a
whole another level!

My old BBC Micro system - mikeselectricstuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-sGpTpkxE

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2017 in message Adrian
Caspersz wrote:

I thought my own rig with mods was hacky, but this fellow took it to a
whole another level!

My old BBC Micro system - mikeselectricstuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-sGpTpkxE

I have 3 x BBC Masters in a box in the loft, can't bring myself to throw
them away....

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
If you ever find something you like buy a lifetime supply because they
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Adrian Caspersz
escribió:

I thought my own rig with mods was hacky, but this fellow took it to a
whole another level!

That wire-wrapped ROM expansion board is absolutely mental.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
Chronos escribió:

Of course, ls in a Windows cmd shell is more frequently the cause of
swearies.

You're me, you are. I find myself wondering if there's a way to alias
'dir' to 'ls', but that way lies madness.

I had a BBC system similar to the one in the vid, but in the original
case. Somehow managed to squeeze in 6502 second processor, fully
populated 16-ROM ATPL ROM board, 32k sideways RAM, 1770 DFS board, and a
ROM cartridge system fitted to the ashtray. Oh, and the Acorn speech
upgrade. Externally: dual floppies, Torch z80, ROM box, EPROM
programmer, self-built hard disc (I got the Adaptec ACB4000 board for a
couple quid at the NARSA Blackpool ham radio rally - the seller didn't
know what it was.)

The PSU coped with it all admirably. I gave the lot away with loads of
ROMs and software, about 300 floppies, regretted it ever since.

And, yes, the muscle memory still occasionally tricks me into *.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
I had a BBC system similar to the one in the vid, but in the original
case. Somehow managed to squeeze in 6502 second processor, fully
populated 16-ROM ATPL ROM board, 32k sideways RAM, 1770 DFS board, and a
ROM cartridge system fitted to the ashtray. Oh, and the Acorn speech
upgrade. Externally: dual floppies, Torch z80, ROM box, EPROM
programmer, self-built hard disc (I got the Adaptec ACB4000 board for a
couple quid at the NARSA Blackpool ham radio rally - the seller didn't
know what it was.)

The PSU coped with it all admirably. I gave the lot away with loads of
ROMs and software, about 300 floppies, regretted it ever since.

And, yes, the muscle memory still occasionally tricks me into *.

I was at Acorn World 2017 earlier today in Cambridge - lots of nostalgia
as well as up to date systems running RISCOS. It's on again tomorrow if
anyone is interested see:

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/d...3-14-May-2017/

The museums website is :
http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6

Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:11:47 +0100
Alan Dawes wrote:

I was at Acorn World 2017 earlier today in Cambridge - lots of
nostalgia as well as up to date systems running RISCOS.

Including Raspberry Pi. :-)

Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 May 2017 11:56:49 +0100
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

That wire-wrapped ROM expansion board is absolutely mental.

Point-to-point wiring, but soldered not wrapped.