Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Too_Many_Tools

Default Web TV Mods and Hacks

I have been seeing more and more used Web TV units showing up in the
surplus market?

Has anyone found a good use for these units?

Considering they are small computeres with wireless keyboards I would
think that they would be a beginning of a neat project.

Thanks

TMT

Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Dasha Grant

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have been seeing more and more used Web TV units showing up in the
surplus market?

Has anyone found a good use for these units?

Considering they are small computeres with wireless keyboards I would
think that they would be a beginning of a neat project.

Thanks

TMT

ONLY A HOMOSEXUAL WOULD DO THAT.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have been seeing more and more used Web TV units showing up in the
surplus market?

Has anyone found a good use for these units?

Considering they are small computeres with wireless keyboards I would
think that they would be a beginning of a neat project.

Thanks

TMT

Somebody gave me one a while back, I looked around at the time and
didn't see much. They're not very powerful by todays standards but
they're compact and silent, one would probably make a good router or
something.
Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Donald

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have been seeing more and more used Web TV units showing up in the
surplus market?

Has anyone found a good use for these units?

Considering they are small computeres with wireless keyboards I would
think that they would be a beginning of a neat project.

Thanks

TMT

Google may help or

http://www.linux-hacker.net/cgi-bin/.../UltraBoard.pl
Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair

the wireless keyboard might be good for something,
but I doubt that the CPU would do you any good.

Rich

Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

Dasha Grant wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have been seeing more and more used Web TV units showing up in the
surplus market?

Has anyone found a good use for these units?

Considering they are small computeres with wireless keyboards I would
think that they would be a beginning of a neat project.

Thanks

TMT

ONLY A HOMOSEXUAL WOULD DO THAT.

Really? How is your Web TV mod project coming along?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to comp.robotics.misc,sci.electronics.design,comp.sys.laptops,sci.electronics.repair
Too_Many_Tools

"ONLY A HOMOSEXUAL WOULD DO THAT. "

LOL...While you might consider that a good use for a WebTV, I would
have a hard time typing in that position. YMMV.

TMT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

I dont know of anything .Webtv has served me well for over 15 years even
though its behind the speed of things these days its still very good for
those who dont want to or have the time to learn a computer .
I doubt a webtv unit would be of much use for anything else accept maybe
a big huge remote for a junkyard wars project !
The remote keyboard skips so bad on these that may not even work :-)

My new computer sits in a cupboard because every move on it takes me a
whole day to get it to work . There is not enough explenation to a
computer . If i click on one wrong thing i loose what and where i was .
Its an expensive Riders schematic reader right now :-)