Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to monitor house alarm

Hi all

I have a Honeywell alarm system and it has a mode where by it will send you a text message when it goes off etc. The setting requires a phone number for seemingly a messaging centre. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Also, when my home phone is rung twice one after another, some machine (i can only assume the alarm as nothing else is connected to the land line) picks up the call and you can hear the old modem noises. If it is indeed the alarm, it implies that it can be remotely queried/ controlled.

I suspect these 2 things are related....Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andy. I believe it is a Honeywell Galaxy 2-20. I have mucked around a bit and added my number back in the mobile numbers section. When I set the alarm off after a little bit it errors with a SMS comms failure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So daft question.... What's a tap gateway? Looking through the menu items i cant see anything that looks similar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andy. You are a star. Definitely using the wrong one. However, the alarm is saying manager reset required to clear the SMS error code. I have gone in to change the TAP number but not sure how to get back into the menu structure and do the manager rested.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After some messing around I managed to get back to the menu with the engineer code. Not sure I could do it again though. I then restarted it and it seems to have done the trick.

Using the new number you gave seems to have worked although it seems to take several minutes for the texts to get through. It seems to be very slowly going through the back log of alerts and i have noticed the time and date were wrong so now fixed it. Not sure which bit is causing the delay though.

Thanks very much Andy you star.

I now have the manual for the alarm system and it seems to support remote management so any idea how this works? Seems like it has it dialing out or someone dialing in etc etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks. Will do some more searching now i know what it is called and report back if I find anything of interest.
Thanks again