Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Playground equipment

I'm treasurer of a village hall management charity. We have a public
playground next to the car park. A couple of weeks ago some bozo drove
his car through the playground fence and into one of the wooden swings,
breaking one of the uprights.

Getting it repaired as if it were just an ordinary building job would
maybe cost £400. But everyone you talk to in the village says "children
.... can't take any risks ... health and safety ... very strict
regulations .... insurance ... local council inspectors .... got to be
done right .... has to be signed off .... thousands of pounds."

Of course, none of them can actually refer you to any regulations. I've
googled and found various pages on the RoSPA and HSE web sites, but none
of them actually say "You've got to do this ... you've got to do that
...." All they do is talk about "reasonable care", "risk assessments",
and similar vague phrases.

Does anybody know what the law states on this? Not what people *think*
is the law, or what people *tell* each other is the law ... but what
actually *is* the law? Because I'd like to get this playground equipment
fixed as soon as I can; it's a bit of a hazard the way it is. And I know
that as soon as I involve local councils and inspectors and health and
safety geezers, it'll take *months* to get anything done.

--
Jack

Constructing a Safe Playground Area Waltrrr Home Repair 7 May 30th 07 04:50 AM
Buy or Sell your Used Construction Equipment; ie. excavators, backhoes, dozers, graders, cranes, compactors, dump trucks, heavy trucks, forestry equipment, farming equipment, mining equipment and much more.... Iron Globe Home Repair 0 May 23rd 07 03:27 PM
Dogs Bed/Playground Leon Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 06:23 PM
PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT - PDF J T Woodworking 0 September 12th 05 05:55 AM
Plan for Playground Equipment SBO Woodworking 5 July 11th 05 05:09 PM