Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I gotta have one of these

How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:

How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you.
http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

I assume what they mean is it follows the location of the phone,
sent to it by Bluetooth.

That would be rather "foolish" ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 01/04/2017 12:05, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

Richard

You've been April-fooled, I'm afraid.

As a commercial proposition, it's clearly completely barmy. There's no
commercial need for this from brawny builders, who can pull a toolbox
along with a handle. Just possibly there are a few elderly and infirm
people, who can walk but need a hand with their shopping.

I've been toying with the idea of building myself some luggage, like
Rincewind's. It's perfectly feasible. When I have more time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

That would be rather "foolish" ...

I imagine it would be more trouble that it's worth. I bought a folding
sack barrow on eBay for a few pounds for moving my tool boxes.

"foolish" see calendar, geddit?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following
you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a
bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

Richard

"ToughTerrain will follow the GPS signal from your phone and *effortlessly*
transport your power tools to where you need them to be. "

so it's capable of jumping the three foot gap into and out of the van, is
it?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

There is no "GPS signal from your phone". I assume what they mean is it
follows the location of the phone, sent to it by Bluetooth.

And the date today is?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote

How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of
these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up
a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

That thing couldnt even make it around inside
my house, let alone outside the house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these
following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea
and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

There is no "GPS signal from your phone". I assume what they mean is it
follows the location of the phone, sent to it by Bluetooth.

And the date today is?

You have been able to buy automatic golf caddies that follow you around
for years.
You could put a tool box on one but stairs might be a problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky explained :
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you.
Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon
butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

Richard

Other than when working around the garden, I cannot see a use for it.
It wouldn't work in the house, not enough space and the stairs would be
a problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these
following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea
and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

There is no "GPS signal from your phone". I assume what they mean is it
follows the location of the phone, sent to it by Bluetooth.

And the date today is?

You have been able to buy automatic golf caddies that follow you around
for years.

Using the "GPS signal from your phone"? The "GPS signal from your phone"
that doesn't exist?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2017 21:40, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Other than when working around the garden, I cannot see a use for it. It
wouldn't work in the house, not enough space and the stairs would be a
problem.

Even more dramatic when you walk along to the end of the scaffolding and
go down the ladder.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these
following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea
and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

http://toolstop-online.com/1HQ5-4UN2...NR3SCF/cr.aspx

There is no "GPS signal from your phone". I assume what they mean is it
follows the location of the phone, sent to it by Bluetooth.

And the date today is?

You have been able to buy automatic golf caddies that follow you around
for years.

Using the "GPS signal from your phone"? The "GPS signal from your phone"
that doesn't exist?

Look up differential GPS and see how it could actually be true if
someone was stupid enough to want to do it.
You just get the phone to send its position by wifi or bluetooth and let
the carts GPS find you.
The accuracy would be to inches if needed.
How else do you think you can use GPS for surveying?