Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. Anyone got a John Lewis Spectrum Duo DAB radio?

I've just bought one having read a good review in Which? in which it says it can act as a Bluetooth speaker as well as a radio.

I'm wondering about its battery life. Has anyone got any experience of that? I'm hoping it'll be better than older DAB radios I've had that get through batteries at a very depressing rate.

I've got some Eneloop AA batteries I don't use much so I was thinking of getting some adaptors for them to put them in this radio but suspect they'd only last about twenty minutes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/17 21:32, Murmansk wrote:
I've just bought one having read a good review in Which? in which it says it can act as a Bluetooth speaker as well as a radio.

I'm wondering about its battery life. Has anyone got any experience of that? I'm hoping it'll be better than older DAB radios I've had that get through batteries at a very depressing rate.

I've got some Eneloop AA batteries I don't use much so I was thinking of getting some adaptors for them to put them in this radio but suspect they'd only last about twenty minutes?

I bought a John Lewis radio last year. It is coated in the dreaded
'soft-touch' rubberised matt plastic finish. After a short while on the
window sill it is totally sticky, covered in cat hairs and toast and
there is no way to clean it that I know of.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-03-23, TimW wrote:

I bought a John Lewis radio last year. It is coated in the dreaded
'soft-touch' rubberised matt plastic finish. After a short while on the
window sill it is totally sticky, covered in cat hairs and toast and
there is no way to clean it that I know of.

*Solvent* uPVC cleaner works really well (not the soapy water stuff)
- Wickes sell it. Isopropyl alcohol is OK, but you have to rub quite
hard. I've just cleaned two Squeezeboxes and their remote controls with
the former, with great success.

Thanks! There are quite a few things around the house have gone sticky
with that crappy finish.
TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-03-23, TimW wrote:

I bought a John Lewis radio last year. It is coated in the dreaded
'soft-touch' rubberised matt plastic finish. After a short while on the
window sill it is totally sticky, covered in cat hairs and toast and
there is no way to clean it that I know of.

*Solvent* uPVC cleaner works really well (not the soapy water stuff)
- Wickes sell it. Isopropyl alcohol is OK, but you have to rub quite
hard. I've just cleaned two Squeezeboxes and their remote controls with
the former, with great success.

Thanks! There are quite a few things around the house have gone sticky
with that crappy finish.

So does hydraulic clutch fluid - much to my amazement. It may also
remove and decals and legends so be careful what you use it on.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown