Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ********

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:08:28 +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:

Robin wrote:

On 12/03/2017 14:59, Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:32:32 +0000, ARW
wrote:

25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

It's been up since 2012 with 77k views and nobody has commented about
that.

I've just left one.

Bloody stupid talking about left and right when so many people confuse
them; when it depends on whether you are looking at it from the front
or back, or have it rotated; when it's not something to have to think
about when you are on your back under a worktop; when it's no use when
faced with a FCU; when ....

Maybe something that has a defined front and back and a defined top and
bottom also has, by analogy with a person, a permanent left and right
side. I wouldn't like to rely on this for safety-critical purposes,
but it does make a sort of sense.

Well, it seems the manufacturers of 13A mains sockets (and plugtops)
share your concern since they include clear markings (LNE) embossed or
engraved into the fabric of these products to identify each terminals'
intended function independently of any interpretations of their
handedness. :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Of course they do!

That's why I found this today at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-AtQUf66A

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW aXXXwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

That's why I found this today at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-AtQUf66A

Omg.

Another apprentice jobbie?

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.d-i-y

er.co.uk escribió:

That's why I found this today at work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-AtQUf66A

Omg.

Another apprentice jobbie?

Of course. But the other 60 sockets he did were OK.

--
Adam

Bollocks Johnny B Good UK diy 7 March 17th 17 01:03 AM
Bollocks whisky-dave[_2_] UK diy 4 March 14th 17 06:54 PM
Bollocks ARWadsworth UK diy 9 April 1st 12 05:14 PM