Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LAN & phone punch down tool

I am about to sort out my network, with some proper wall sockets,
rather than the RJ45 linked directly to R45. Am I correct in assuming
the tool I use for punch down on my phone sockets is the same tool as
used on LAN sockets please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Am I correct in assuming
the tool I use for punch down on my phone sockets is the same tool as
used on LAN sockets please?

yes

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 March 2017 20:02:00 UTC, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I am about to sort out my network, with some proper wall sockets,
rather than the RJ45 linked directly to R45. Am I correct in assuming
the tool I use for punch down on my phone sockets is the same tool as
used on LAN sockets please?

Best to use a quality tool like a Krone. Anything less might cause you problems.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/17 20:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I am about to sort out my network, with some proper wall sockets, rather
than the RJ45 linked directly to R45. Am I correct in assuming the tool
I use for punch down on my phone sockets is the same tool as used on LAN
sockets please?

Pretty much yes.

Standard Krone IDC

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bazza used his keyboard to write :
Best to use a quality tool like a Krone. Anything less might cause you
problems.

I still have the tool issued to me when I worked for the GPO :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 20:37:08 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Bazza used his keyboard to write :
Best to use a quality tool like a Krone. Anything less might cause you
problems.

I still have the tool issued to me when I worked for the GPO :-)

Standard Krone tool as others have said.

Mind you, I remember having to carry three kinds of punchdown tools
when I worked on office system. A normal one, a small horrible one
that fitted a Panasonic GX series MDF, and I can't remember what the
third one was.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%