Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sort out my friend's lousy shower

Since 1992 my friend has had an impossible to control shower which
drives his family (daughter especially) and visitors mad.

It is difficult to believe that given the installation no improvements
were suggested when the Greenstar 28i Junior was installed 7 years
ago.

The shower is on the first floor. The tap is one of those old
fashioned two-into-one with a plunger to change the destination from
down into the bath to up to the shower head.

The hot water is fed at mains pressure, the cold is from a header tank
in the attic directly above, which by my calculations means that cold
water will never make it to the shower head.

On my visit last week I suggested that we simply turn the hot water
temperature down - but no, unlike my (older) boiler there is no
separate control, despite no mention of this in the (on-line) manual.

The guy who posted this:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3584437

seems to have the exact same issue.

My immediate thought is to take a feed from the inlet of the header
tank and connect to the bath's cold water, giving it mains pressure.

Any thoughts?

--
AnthonyL

lousy fences...... Gill Smith UK diy 33 February 12th 11 08:34 PM
Lowe's Lousy Inventory Larry Caldwell Home Repair 82 September 15th 09 10:36 PM
Bugger,ya lousy lot The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 6 September 21st 06 06:36 PM
Must See Deifferences between Friend & Best Friend [email protected] UK diy 0 August 4th 06 07:19 AM
Lousy TV reception [email protected] Home Ownership 3 August 31st 05 01:03 AM