Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default laminate floor on slightly uneven slanting floor.

I'm looking to lay some laminate boards on a concrete floor. The floor
has some minor deviations from a straight line of approximately max
deviation of 3mm over 2.4m. This is just beyond recommended tolerances
for the laminate.

Now on the internet a see that self levelling concrete (SLC) is
recommended. However the floor is on a slight slope ~25mm over 2.7m
width or the room, the slope is relatively constant/ i.e. in a straight
line.

I'm not sure but I think using SLC means I would need to get rid of the
slope as well as the relatively minor bumps and dips from linear.

The room is a study so I don't really care about the slope I just want
the laminate to not creak and last a while. Is there a way to get rid of
the minor deviations without tackling the slope?

I think I will probably move out in a year or two, would it be easiest
to just lay the laminate as is?