Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smart Meter - more

OVO installed our E&G Smart Meters last June, it worked fine, until
November when I switched suppliers to First Utility. FU said they could
not make use of the SM's, so I have been providing manual readings
since then.

Today I received an email suggesting that FU would in future be
obtaining the electric meter readings daily and logged on their site.
as with OVO = I could arrange to set their reading frequency for
logging purposes to monthly, daily, or every 30 minutes, with the data
downloaded by them once per day.

I wonder why they just suggested the electricity meter, rather than
both meters?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

OVO installed our E&G Smart Meters last June, it worked fine, until
November when I switched suppliers to First Utility. FU said they could
not make use of the SM's

Hmm, so some interoperability is happening. What make/model of meters
do you have?

My eon tariff is expiring next month and they're not offering the best
deal for me (which they have for the past several years) I have assumed
so far that changing suppliers will lose the smart readability.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote on 28/02/2017 :
Hmm, so some interoperability is happening. What make/model of meters do you
have?

My eon tariff is expiring next month and they're not offering the best deal
for me (which they have for the past several years) I have assumed so far
that changing suppliers will lose the smart readability.

I'm not yet convinced the email wasn't sent in error. There is a link
in the email, to allow me to set monthly, daily or 30 minute logging of
data. That link doesn't work, nor can I find any mention of smart
metering anywhere in my account. The meters and indoor display unit are
'Secure' type.

I have emailed them asking them to confirm the email was sent
intentionally.