Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homebase Soveriegn four stroke mower [150cc methinks] Hunting

The unit is fairly new but after around 6 months storage I have found
it "hunts".

From what I can gather the fuel I left in the system has probably
gummed up the carb.

Anyone got any experience or tips' apart of course from the obvious
one of burning any excess fuel off next time.

The internet seems to suggest a solvent for the jet or an ultrasonic
bath.

The thing is a few hundred miles away, so I would like to be sure I'm
prepared when I next visit.

Regards

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/26/2017 6:43 PM, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
The unit is fairly new but after around 6 months storage I have found
it "hunts".

From what I can gather the fuel I left in the system has probably
gummed up the carb.

Anyone got any experience or tips' apart of course from the obvious
one of burning any excess fuel off next time.

The internet seems to suggest a solvent for the jet or an ultrasonic
bath.

The thing is a few hundred miles away, so I would like to be sure I'm
prepared when I next visit.

Regards

AB

---

Just had trouble starting the chainsaw after being unused for either one
or two years, but a tank of new fuel had it running absolutely fine. I
would try that first, before stripping and cleaning the carb.

Only ran for half an hour, though, before the chain oil pump stopped
feeding, fukit. Last time that was a stripped gear; not investigated
yet. (Ryobi).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:50:59 +0000, newshound
wrote:

On 2/26/2017 6:43 PM, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
The unit is fairly new but after around 6 months storage I have found
it "hunts".

or two years, but a tank of new fuel had it running absolutely fine. I
would try that first, before stripping and cleaning the carb.

Only ran for half an hour, though, before the chain oil pump stopped
feeding, fukit. Last time that was a stripped gear; not investigated
yet. (Ryobi).

I put fuel in and had to refill the tank doing the somewhat meager
winter growth. Consumption is up on last year!

The peaks in output produce dark smoke so it would seem that there is
a carb related problem.

I'll take a few hand tools and some pipe cleaning solvent [I think its
butanol], maybe this will do the trick.

Regards

AB

---

Homebase Tricky Dicky[_4_] UK diy 7 October 18th 16 10:40 PM
Hunting B & S 4 stroke mower engine robgraham UK diy 15 May 8th 12 06:05 PM
Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke mower Gib Bogle[_3_] UK diy 34 August 5th 11 03:14 PM
Homebase Scabbydug UK diy 32 October 30th 06 09:29 AM
Homebase ? Colin Wilson UK diy 13 January 8th 06 11:42 PM