Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Football Boot Stud Thread

Hi guys

A colleague of mine came in cursing this morning cos his lad has
stripped the thread on the insert in his football boot (£150 pair!). I
told him for that price I'd expect Ronaldo's socks thrown in!

Anyhow, he showed us the stud that fits the boot and it is approx 6mm
diameter, but the thread is coarser than metric.
He has tried contacting the manufacturer Adidas, but no response.

Any ideas on:

a) the thread size so he can get a tap to run into the insert

b) a tried and tested method for "repairing" the insert in the sole of
the boot

Thanks

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

thescullster wrote:
Hi guys

A colleague of mine came in cursing this morning cos his lad has
stripped the thread on the insert in his football boot (£150 pair!). I
told him for that price I'd expect Ronaldo's socks thrown in!

Anyhow, he showed us the stud that fits the boot and it is approx 6mm
diameter, but the thread is coarser than metric.

Hmm, a quick search suggests M5 or M6.

He has tried contacting the manufacturer Adidas, but no response.

Any ideas on:

a) the thread size so he can get a tap to run into the insert

b) a tried and tested method for "repairing" the insert in the sole of
the boot

Just get a shoe repairer to replace the insert or DIY it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182450452387

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/17 08:36, thescullster wrote:
Hi guys

A colleague of mine came in cursing this morning cos his lad has
stripped the thread on the insert in his football boot (£150 pair!). I
told him for that price I'd expect Ronaldo's socks thrown in!

Anyhow, he showed us the stud that fits the boot and it is approx 6mm
diameter, but the thread is coarser than metric.
He has tried contacting the manufacturer Adidas, but no response.

Any ideas on:

a) the thread size so he can get a tap to run into the insert

b) a tried and tested method for "repairing" the insert in the sole of
the boot

Liquid metal is nearly as strong as metal, and if you grease the stud
you can probably remove it as well if need be

Thanks

Phil

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"