Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default adhesive suitable for sticking UPVC to cement render?

What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement render? I
only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat which elsewhere
has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/17 14:56, Harold Davis wrote:
What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement render? I
only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat which elsewhere
has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Id use nail gun :-)

You might get away with some serious foaming polyurethane ****

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote in
news
On 11/02/17 14:56, Harold Davis wrote:
What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement
render? I only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat
which elsewhere has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Id use nail gun :-)

You might get away with some serious foaming polyurethane ****

LOL

Since there's some timber underneath the render, I'm beginning to think
maybe wallplugs and screws would be best, assuming I can find some white
caps.

Harry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harold Davis wrote in
:

The Natural Philosopher wrote in
news
On 11/02/17 14:56, Harold Davis wrote:
What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement
render? I only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat
which elsewhere has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Id use nail gun :-)

You might get away with some serious foaming polyurethane ****

LOL

Since there's some timber underneath the render, I'm beginning to think
maybe wallplugs and screws would be best, assuming I can find some white
caps.

I meant to say drilling holes into the timber, underneath about 1cm of rock
hard render, not using wallplugs

Harry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2017 14:56, Harold Davis wrote:
What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement render? I
only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat which elsewhere
has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

I've had some success with hot-melt adhesive on uPVC, but I don't know
how well it would stick to render.

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clive Arthur wrote:

Harold Davis wrote:

What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement render?

I've had some success with hot-melt adhesive on uPVC, but I don't know
how well it would stick to render.

Gripfill will do the job, you'll need a way of holding it in place while
it goes off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/11/2017 2:56 PM, Harold Davis wrote:
What kind of adhesive is suitable for sticking a UPVC to cement render? I
only need to stick two lengths. The render is the subcoat which elsewhere
has roughcasting on top of it.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

A UPVC what? Two lengths?

What sort of forces will be trying to remove it?

adhesive for stickin metal fire trim to render Harold Davis UK diy 13 November 13th 20 03:54 AM
Durable, weatherproof adhesive for sticking UPVC board, back-to-back? [email protected] UK diy 6 July 17th 16 10:22 PM
Removing contact adhesive cement/mortar floor, repairing cement Clive UK diy 3 October 16th 08 04:25 PM
sand cement render Tim Smith UK diy 13 April 11th 05 12:55 PM
Suitable adhesive? Sloper UK diy 10 March 20th 05 09:54 AM