Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default There, I've fixed it.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 04/02/2017 19:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2017 19:03:35 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

[1] I am sure that they were just put there by a local resident who is
annoyed by people parking on the street when using the shop next door to
his house.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time, boy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 06:25:51 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Graham. wrote

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time, boy.

This is it on Streetview for context.

https://tinyurl.com/hmuga3l

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Indeed. The are parts of at least two covers there!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole [1]
the other night to fix it.

[1] I am sure that they were just put there by a local resident who is
annoyed by people parking on the street when using the shop next door to
his house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles
as to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..

Adam has it up his arse and is well away...

Just be grateful you cant see it.

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

[1] I am sure that they were just put there by a local resident who is
annoyed by people parking on the street when using the shop next door to
his house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 08:49:36 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

I was primarily thinking about blind people when I took the picture.
It's a shattered cast iron duct cover (I hesitate to say manhole)
The fragments of which, augmented with the fragments of a second
cover, have been laid in a sort of lattice making a surprisingly
effective man-trap.

It's bang in the middle of the footpath of a busy arterial route.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see. I don't have a problem with
that. I only hope that I shall manage to do the things which Brian still
does if I ever lose my sight.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

Well, he does mention it with tedious regularity. Now I know being blind
sucks but I sincerely hope that if it ever happens to me I don't go
whinging about every photograph that I can't see. It's ****, but ****
happens.

Maybe Brian hopes that everyone will post descriptions of every photograph
linked in Usenet. Well, he can hope, but I doubt it will happen. Perhaps
if Brian ceased engaging with trolls and worked on improving the signal to
noise ratio in his posts more of us would make the effort to describe
photos. Respect needs to be earned, not demanded.

Now if for example (god forbid) John Rumm became blind but continued to
post intelligently and helpfully I'm sure that most of us would show him
consideration and willingly describe photographs if appropriate.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see. I don't have a problem with
that. I only hope that I shall manage to do the things which Brian still
does if I ever lose my sight.

+1

+2
I don't mind in the slightest.
There but for the grace of God........

Don't be such miserable *******s to the poor bloke.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2017 16:02, Roger Mills wrote:
On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see. I don't have a problem with
that. I only hope that I shall manage to do the things which Brian still
does if I ever lose my sight.

+1

+2
I don't mind in the slightest.
There but for the grace of God........

Don't be such miserable *******s to the poor bloke.

The only thing that annoys me more than a blind bloke telling me for the
30th time that he is still blind are your racist posts.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

Silly question!

But the point is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't dwell on his
blindness ordinarily - only when there's a picture involved. And he does
make a useful contribution to this NG on subjects in which he is
knowledgeable.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

Quite a few have described what a photo he can't see shows
so he can understand the comments made about the photo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

Quite a few have described what a photo he can't see shows
so he can understand the comments made about the photo.

Yes, but only after he reminds us that he can't see. Some people have
rather uncharitably suggested that he shouldn't remind us.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
[...]

I see you're also blind in your own way
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

--
Adam

I have done it myself.
But if he asks, I post a description.
Have you no charity?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

I knew I shouldn't spend to much time on amazon as I brought this T-shirt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OD2NN...051_TE_3p_dp_2

[1] I am sure that they were just put there by a local resident who is
annoyed by people parking on the street when using the shop next door to
his house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote

An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind boggles
as to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..

Adam has it up his arse and is well away...

Just be grateful you cant see it.

I second that. I never bother going to links posted without comment - they
are usually something that the poster finds incredibly funny but leaves
everybody else cold. I clicked on this one after seeing the long trail of
replies, only to find something that has no joke, is completely
unremarkable, and leaves me cold.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

I knew I shouldn't spend to much time on amazon as I brought this T-shirt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OD2NN...051_TE_3p_dp_2

I want one.

So have just emailed the gf and asked her to order one for me.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

I knew I shouldn't spend to much time on amazon as I brought this T-shirt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OD2NN...051_TE_3p_dp_2

I want one.

I'll let you have one of those, but you can't have one of these and wear it like wot I can

https://www.amazon.co.uk/123t-Mens-C...s=dave+t-shirt

So have just emailed the gf and asked her to order one for me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

Hmm...the whole* looks bigger than the hole!

*(area of the bits)

Agreed. But if it was if it was smaller it would fall into the hole:-).

I would have just used gaffer tape or one of the traffic cones I stole
[1] the other night to fix it.

I knew I shouldn't spend to much time on amazon as I brought this T-shirt

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OD2NN...051_TE_3p_dp_2

I want one.

I'll let you have one of those, but you can't have one of these and wear it like wot I can

https://www.amazon.co.uk/123t-Mens-C...s=dave+t-shirt

My gf tells me what I can wear not you:-)

I am allowed an opinion on what I want to wear but I am not allowed to
voice it.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 21:12:04 UTC, ARW wrote:
I'll let you have one of those, but you can't have one of these
and wear it like wot I can

My gf tells me what I can wear not you:-)

Perhaps she'll buy you an "Adam came before Eve" one instead.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

--
Adam

I have done it myself.
But if he asks, I post a description.

Have you no charity?

I have plenty of charity. I'll just not spend it on a blind bloke
telling me for the 30th time that he cannot see a picture.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
An intriguing thread for those not able to see pictures, the mind
boggles as
to what part a traffic cone might play in such things..
Brian

We are all aware that you are blind.

But there's no need to mention it every time someone posts a picture.

FFS.

Calm down, Adam! He mainly mentions it in cases like this where someone
links to a picture which he cannot see.

And can you cite a post where has someone posted a picture he could see?

Silly question!

But the point is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't dwell on his
blindness ordinarily - only when there's a picture involved. And he does
make a useful contribution to this NG on subjects in which he is
knowledgeable.

So Brian only dwells on his blindness "only when there's a picture
involved". So that's EVERY time a picture is posted. I know he cannot
see them but to be constantly told by him that he cannot see them is not
going to get his eyesight back.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/02/2017 22:06, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 19:11, Roger Mills wrote:

But the point is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't dwell on his
blindness ordinarily - only when there's a picture involved. And he does
make a useful contribution to this NG on subjects in which he is
knowledgeable.

So Brian only dwells on his blindness "only when there's a picture
involved". So that's EVERY time a picture is posted. I know he cannot
see them but to be constantly told by him that he cannot see them is not
going to get his eyesight back.

And that usually prompts someone to post a few words saying what the
picture is about so that he can join in more meaningfully. Would you
deny him that?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Feb 2017 16:28:39 -0000, Tim+ wrote:

If I went blind I'd commit suicide. I cannot imagine how he lives. So show some ****ing respect.

--
Why are they called buildings, when they're already finished? Shouldn't they be called builts?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/2017 15:28, ARW wrote:
[...]

I never took you for a politicly correct moron.

--
"The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Feb 2017 19:03:35 -0000, Graham. wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/S210r9

I almost fell into something like that on someone's drive. I hope their car goes over it and kills them.

--
Law of mechanical repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/02/17 21:55, ARW wrote:
I have plenty of charity. I'll just not spend it on a blind bloke
telling me for the 30th time that he cannot see a picture.

Indeed. That's why I posted as 'his song' the late great blind Canadian
blues guitarist, Jeff Healey.

Who just got on and played till cancer got him.

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/02/2017 22:36, Roger Mills wrote:
On 07/02/2017 22:06, ARW wrote:
On 05/02/2017 19:11, Roger Mills wrote:

But the point is that, as far as I'm aware, he doesn't dwell on his
blindness ordinarily - only when there's a picture involved. And he does
make a useful contribution to this NG on subjects in which he is
knowledgeable.

So Brian only dwells on his blindness "only when there's a picture
involved". So that's EVERY time a picture is posted. I know he cannot
see them but to be constantly told by him that he cannot see them is not
going to get his eyesight back.

And that usually prompts someone to post a few words saying what the
picture is about so that he can join in more meaningfully. Would you
deny him that?

Not if I have time to do so. But a picture is worth a 1000 words.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

If I went blind I'd commit suicide.

Kylie sang a song about that.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 08 Feb 2017 20:00:47 -0000, ARW wrote:

If I went blind I'd commit suicide.

Kylie sang a song about that.

Which one? I haven't listened to her for decades.

--
Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?

So that fixed it then? Adrian UK diy 1 August 14th 15 07:16 PM
Is it fixed? OT Harold and Susan Vordos Metalworking 31 September 9th 08 06:43 AM
Can this 12 V TV be fixed Nowhere Electronics Repair 12 July 18th 07 02:24 AM
5en aoc fixed yhan Electronics Repair 0 February 1st 06 04:06 AM
Stationary planers - fixed head or fixed table? Steve Turner Woodworking 5 July 12th 03 02:15 AM