Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wiring a tmer fan

Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2017 13:46, fred wrote:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

What's stopping you? g

(Actually you're obviously going to need a connection to the unswitched
mains to keep the fan going when the light is off.)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

fred Wrote in message:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes to start... Should have a 3pole isolator so fan can be
isolated for future service.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k Wrote in message:
fred Wrote in message:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes to start... Should have a 3pole isolator so fan can be
isolated for future service.

Should add it'll need a live from other than the feed to a light
(which will be a switched live) so it can run on after lights
switched off... So a bit more than tapping into a feed to a
light. Tapping into the lighting circuit would be more
descriptive.

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 14:25:15 +0000 (GMT+00:00), jim k wrote:

jim k Wrote in message:
fred Wrote in message:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes to start... Should have a 3pole isolator so fan can be
isolated for future service.

Should add it'll need a live from other than the feed to a light
(which will be a switched live) so it can run on after lights
switched off... So a bit more than tapping into a feed to a
light. Tapping into the lighting circuit would be more
descriptive.

All the lighting in my house is 3-plate, so there's no issue.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

jim k Wrote in message:
fred Wrote in message:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes to start... Should have a 3pole isolator so fan can be
isolated for future service.

Should add it'll need a live from other than the feed to a light
(which will be a switched live) so it can run on after lights
switched off... So a bit more than tapping into a feed to a
light. Tapping into the lighting circuit would be more
descriptive.

All the lighting in my house is 3-plate, so there's no issue.

? Presume "Fred"'s is too....

Is that a nym shift perchance?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2017 13:46, fred wrote:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tor_fan_wiring

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 9:30:34 PM UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/02/2017 13:46, fred wrote:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tor_fan_wiring

--
Cheers,

John.

Many thanks to all for the input. Ver helpful

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

On 02/02/2017 13:46, fred wrote:
Is it possible to wire a timer extractor fan via the lighting circuit ?

(i.e.) Can I tap into the feed to one of the lights ?

Yes.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tor_fan_wiring

--
Cheers,

John.

Many thanks to all for the input. Ver helpful

No probs graham ;-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----