Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is replacement of bathroom downlighters notifiable work?

Hi

I want to replace the R80 downlighters in our bathroom with IP65 LED units.

Is this notifiable work under Part P? (I am not a certified electrician).

Best regards

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2017 11:19, wrote:
Hi

I want to replace the R80 downlighters in our bathroom with IP65 LED units.

Is this notifiable work under Part P? (I am not a certified electrician).

No, like for like replacement is fine.

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

I want to replace the R80 downlighters in our bathroom with IP65 LED units.

Is this notifiable work under Part P? (I am not a certified electrician).

No, like for like replacement is fine.

Hi John

Thanks for your answer, so would replacing R80 halogen with IP65 LED integrated unit count as like-for-like?

Best regards

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/17 11:19, wrote:
Hi

I want to replace the R80 downlighters in our bathroom with IP65 LED units.

My LED replacement cheapskate alternative, keeping the existing
downlighter fitting.

https://app.box.com/s/v8uzwrmi1qoj0nhh0mb1dieb3ijd7t4m

This is using a Golf Ball styled E14/SES 3W LED bulb from Poundland with
an ES/SES adaptor from Amazon poked through a enlarged hole (circular
sheet punch) in a scrap freebie CD, that was persuaded (er, bent
crazily) through the fixture opening.

Wanway E27 to E14 Socket Converter, ES to SES
(97p free delivery on the slow boat from china)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0076W21CA

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 January 2017 15:32:17 UTC, wrote:
Hi

I want to replace the R80 downlighters in our bathroom with IP65 LED units.

Is this notifiable work under Part P? (I am not a certified electrician).

No, like for like replacement is fine.

Hi John

Thanks for your answer, so would replacing R80 halogen with IP65 LED integrated unit count as like-for-like?

Best regards

David

I suspect few diyers would care.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 29/01/2017 06:45, John Rumm wrote:

Extending the circuit by adding and additional fitting would not be a
like for like change.

And even that would probably not be notifiable.

https://www.niceic.com/Niceic.com/me...-Factsheet.pdf

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2017 10:12, ARW wrote:
On 29/01/2017 06:45, John Rumm wrote:

Extending the circuit by adding and additional fitting would not be a
like for like change.

And even that would probably not be notifiable.

https://www.niceic.com/Niceic.com/me...-Factsheet.pdf

Even with the reductions in scope, I would have thought this particular
example would be caught by

"C) Any addition or alteration to existing circuits in a special location"

As a bathroom remains a special location.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 29/01/2017 14:36, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/01/2017 10:12, ARW wrote:
On 29/01/2017 06:45, John Rumm wrote:

Extending the circuit by adding and additional fitting would not be a
like for like change.

And even that would probably not be notifiable.

https://www.niceic.com/Niceic.com/me...-Factsheet.pdf

Even with the reductions in scope, I would have thought this particular
example would be caught by

"C) Any addition or alteration to existing circuits in a special location"

As a bathroom remains a special location.

Only the zones around the bath and shower are special locations. If the
ceiling is higher than 2.25m then it is outside the zones and is not
prat P notifiable.

Note that the link I gave does not call the room a bathroom but "a room
containing a bath or shower".

Cheers

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the replies to my question. Very helpful.

David

Subsidence work notifiable under building regs? Anita Palley UK diy 2 March 9th 07 07:27 PM
Bathroom work top Andy MCR UK diy 1 February 1st 06 01:16 PM
Bathroom outlets don't work [email protected] Home Ownership 8 October 13th 05 03:32 PM
Regs for LV downlighters in bathroom Lobster UK diy 19 January 8th 05 11:30 PM
How many downlighters in a bathroom ? mikeyw UK diy 30 November 10th 04 04:15 PM