Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Acidic boiler condensate on plastic window ledge

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:25:47 -0000, jim k wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim k wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Unless it was a *replacement window frame*....

Then the old window was there before the boiler.

--
Marital Status: Not Good
Wife's Name: Plaintiff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:22:32 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fit a sensible boiler instead a newfangled treehugger one?

--
"These stretch pants come with a warranty of one year or 500,000 calories... whichever comes first."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:02:58 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:39:50 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

If not,
http://www.diy.com/departments/de-so.../256823_BQ.prd

Did you even read my post?
Did you even understand my question?
**** of Hucker!

Yes I read your post. That stuff is meant to revive discoloured PVC,
which is what you've got by putting your boiler in a stupid place.

What's a joist?
(Peter Hucker)

**** off Hucker.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?boiler or window?

Both at about the same time.
The boiler was new as were the windows.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

If not,
http://www.diy.com/departments/de-so.../256823_BQ.prd

Did you even read my post?
Did you even understand my question?
**** of Hucker!

Yes I read your post. That stuff is meant to revive discoloured PVC,
which is what you've got by putting your boiler in a stupid place.

What's a joist?
(Peter Hucker)

**** off Hucker.

Most people don't distinguish between beam and joist. One is just thicker than the other.

--
A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:48:02 -0000, jim k wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:25:47 -0000, jim k wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim k wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Unless it was a *replacement window frame*....

Then the old window was there before the boiler.

It's not the old window that's discoloured...

FFS you're living down to your reputation...

It would have been if it was still there. Imagine siteing an exhaust port next to a window.

--
Loose or missing nuts. Spank the monkey (Y/N)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim k wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under
guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I
drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Unless it was a *replacement window frame*....

Which it was.
The old boiler was in the kitchen.
Ignore the Wilkinson troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:55:27 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

jim wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim k wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under
guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I
drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Unless it was a *replacement window frame*....

Which it was.
The old boiler was in the kitchen.
Ignore the Wilkinson troll.

So you deliberately moved your boiler to have the exhaust next to a window? You only have yourself to blame.

--
It turns out a Chinese food deliveryman who was thought to be missing, was actually stuck in a Manhattan apartment building elevator for 4 days.
The man is ok, but the building's owner is charging him $1,500 rent.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/01/2017 21:58, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

Read my post thicko.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:02:56 -0000, ARW wrote:

On 25/01/2017 21:58, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

Read my post thicko.

Mr Pounder is too old to understand English.

--
What does Michael Jackson like about twenty-eight year olds?
The fact that there are twenty of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:58:19 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

PKB! You call him a bully boy, yet you threaten cyclists with grievous bodily harm by carrying a knife around with you? You do realise that if someone reports you for this, and the police can confirm it, you'll get a jail sentence? It is illegal to carry a deadly weapon around with you in public.

--
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue
could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming
it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip
out of the end.

A photo would help.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"James Wilkinson Sword" Wrote in message:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:05:41 -0000, jim k wrote:

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

Putting the window there afterwards would be rather odd.

Unless it was a *replacement window frame*....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:13:30 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue
could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming
it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip
out of the end.

A photo would help.

A non-condensing boiler would not have done this.

--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Is it a ferric rust staining or something else?

Vinegar and salt will just about shift small rust stains that haven't
gone too far into soft relatively inert materials if left for a while.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:58, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under
guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I
drag them out. Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the
yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

Read my post thicko.

I take little notice of council estate ****e.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Assuming they're iron stains (which they may not be), these can be
removed from plastic by rubbing vigorously with a paste of baking soda
in water. Vinegar or lemon juice are also suggested. The baking soda
acts like a mild abrasive. I guess something like Brasso would also
work. Lots more here http://tinyurl.com/z97gtqe

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:41:39 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:58, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under
guarantee, but I know what the company is going to tell me if I
drag them out. Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the
yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

Read my post thicko.

I take little notice of council estate ****e.

Do you own your own home? Or does another family live in one half of your building?

--
Confucius say man who speak with forked tongue satisfy two women at once.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue
could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming
it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip
out of the end.

A photo would help.

A non-condensing boiler would not have done this.

Pillock.

Do you disagree with my statement? You have a treehugger boiler.

--
Confucius say man who speak with forked tongue satisfy two women at once.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.

Which vent pipe?

Is this the pressure release vent as fitted to most sealed system
boilers, or is this a condensate pipe from a condensing boiler?

If the former then (aside from the point that it ought to never have
anything come out of it unless there is fault wit the heating system),
then the staining would probably come from black iron oxide corrosion
products in the primary makeup water.

If its a condensate drain, then (aside from being installed wrongly - it
should be piped to a drain, not left to drip on the house), then its a
very weak acid - but ISTM unlikely to stain uPVC

(or do you mean the balanced flue? In which case, yes you can get
condensation drips from them on old non condensing boilers (condensors
ought to have them sloped back so the condensate runs back into the boiler))

The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

It may. I would be tempted to try a solution of oxalic acid before going
for a chlorine bleach though.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Unlike you and Pounder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 22:19:14 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:13:30 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to the acidic
drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee, but I know what the
company is going to tell me if I drag them out. Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue
could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming
it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip
out of the end.

A photo would help.

A non-condensing boiler would not have done this.

They are illegal in the UK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 22:45:49 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:
On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Is it a ferric rust staining or something else?

Vinegar and salt will just about shift small rust stains that haven't
gone too far into soft relatively inert materials if left for a while.

Thanks for that.

uPVC is quite porous.
It has a laquor on it when new to keep it clean.
When you get the stain out, it needs relaquoring.

Could be the condensate has taken the laquor off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2017 21:58, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 25/01/2017 21:05, jim wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in
message:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Which was there first?
boiler or window?

I know someone who will call around and remove the cause but not the
symptom.

Fancy your chances with me then do you?
I'm not one of your little apprentices, bully boy.

What on earth are you talking about !? He was trying to help you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2017 07:13, harry wrote:
[...]

This is untrue. (well its harry!)

If you have one already installed, then you can carry on using it.

If you are installing a new one, then there are circumstances where you
can still install a non condensor. You need to carry out a points based
assessment first. Details of the process he

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...condboiler.pdf

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 25/01/2017 20:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do. Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

How does the flue come out from the roof though ?.

If the boiler is in the loft then a normal vertical flue
could have been used, with a flashing kit.

If the flue slopes *back* towards the boiler (assuming
it is a condenser) then v. little condensate should drip
out of the end.

A photo would help.

Flu exits through the wall about 12' above bathroom window.
I have never actually noticed any droplets on the window frames, thus I
suppose that the damage is caused by moisture from the steam.
I've used some thick bleach covered with kitchen roll on a small area. This
has removed the yellow completely.
Many thanks to all that replied, except PHucker who has never
contributed anything to any group or anything else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:55:09 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Andrew wrote:
[...]

You were told not to use bleach....

--
How do they seperate the men from the boys in the Navy?
With a crowbar.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Andrew wrote:
[...]

"Told"??

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t.../#BleachMethod

If I had found this before I asked the question I would have saved the time
of the good people who replied to me.
Still, my post gave you something to do in your sad little life.
BTW, the Micra was replaced with a brand new Nissan Juke a few months ago.
Paid for cash.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

*******************
wrote:

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

It may well do, by turning them brown.
G.Harman

So bleach will not work then?
Thanks for your reply.
********************

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t.../#BleachMethod

If I had found this before I asked the question I would have saved the time
of the good people who replied to me.
Still, my post gave you something to do in your sad little life.
BTW, the Micra was replaced with a brand new Nissan Juke a few months ago.
Paid for cash.

A pretend 4x4. Those things are tiny.

--
In Today's Market Activity, Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Sun peaked at midday. Balloon prices were inflated. And, Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. Invest wisely!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 09:13:30 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

If you don't tell anyone you installed it, they won't know. And AFAIK it doesn't apply in Scotland anyway. There is no way I'd follow a law intended to make something more efficient. I pay for the gas ffs!

--
"Okay, okay, I take it back! Un**** you!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Bungalow, eight year old boiler in the loft.
Vent pipe directly over the bathroom window.
The plastic window frames are going a bit yellow in places due to
the acidic drops of condense. The frames are still under guarantee,
but I know what the company is going to tell me if I drag them out.
Well, I think I do.
Will bleach get rid of the yellow stains?

Assuming they're iron stains (which they may not be), these can be
removed from plastic by rubbing vigorously with a paste of baking soda
in water. Vinegar or lemon juice are also suggested. The baking soda
acts like a mild abrasive. I guess something like Brasso would also
work. Lots more here http://tinyurl.com/z97gtqe

Thanks.

It will remove the symptom not the cause.

--
Adam